The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Two Years Ago Today - The Darkest Passage In Broncos History Was Closed

Happy Anniversary, Josh McDaniels!

DECEMBER 5, 2012 BY MAGIC SAM

Yes, you mindless sack, it’s your anniversary. Welcome to it. We’ve got some cupcakes over there, some champagne to celebrate. You don’t get to have any, because you are a f'ing failure. A failure as a head coach, a failure as a person. You’re a f'ing doucheburger.

It was two years ago today that you were kicked to the f'ing curb. Following the trading of a franchise quarterback, a franchise receiver, a very popular and allegedly hard-working scrappy runner, you replaced all of them with players who were not better, not close to better, in fact much worse. Then, in a move that will be remembered as the final nail in your coffin, you managed to completely **** the bed by taping a 49ers practice in London, kicking off a scandal that embarrassed the team, its owner, and its fans.
Nevermind that the team was a consistent threat to win the division every year prior to your arrival. Nevermind that the worst season in the last three decades came on your watch.

John Elway had to save us yet again from a fate worse than death when he sat in the EVP chair and started making decisions — good decisions — which positively affected the franchise after essentially weathering the storm you brought down upon it.

“Sure,” you say, “but did Elway draft Tim Tebow and Knowshon Moreno and trade a first for Alphonso Smith and give up a fourth for a blocking tight end who was rated as a 7th round prospect?” No, you twat, and that’s exactly the point.

Two years ago, the healing began.

Thank you, John Elway.

In the comments: Where were you the day Kennedy was shot McDaniels was fired?

Today’s a day for much celebration, and not just for ****canning a terrible coach. No, December 5 has historical significance, for on this day in 1933, Prohibition ended.
See? Good day.

http://dailydickpunch.com/2012/12/05...osh-mcdaniels/

FEH

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 12-05-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Yep.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Well we know how he fills.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Speaking of the devil...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...josh-mcdaniels
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
/facepalm
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Ted is getting roasted in the comments section....and rightfully so
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Ted is a bit of a douche. It took me a year or so of reading IAOFM to figure that out.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Is Ted Bartlett from IAOFM our Action or I Bleed Orange and Blue?

I like the comment of the great draft strategy of McDaniels taken from the Pats. You mean Belicheat only puts 100 names on the board when the NFL is drafting 224 minimum?

If you want a good timeline, check out this website...

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That is an... interesting article.

According to this:

Matt Russell is the Broncos' de facto GM
We still use the scouting methods McDaniels implemented
Manning is really the only reason we've had any success
McDaniels would have been successful with more time, and it is solely Woody Paige's fault that he got fired
McDaniels has a great eye for talent, as evidenced by Brandon Lloyd
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
That is an... interesting article.

According to this:

Matt Russell is the Broncos' de facto GM
We still use the scouting methods McDaniels implemented
Manning is really the only reason we've had any success
McDaniels would have been successful with more time, and it is solely Woody Paige's fault that he got fired
McDaniels has a great eye for talent, as evidenced by Brandon Lloyd
Wasn't BLloyd inactive for all of 2009
Yeah right he knew what he had in Lloyd
Not like this was rod smith on the practice squad who they promoted over miller
This was a journeyman wr who they thought so much of to deactivate for every game of 2009

Lol at iaofm

Last edited by CEH; 12-05-2012 at 06:55 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

[Insert obligatory pic of him smirking as he drives away in his Range Rover here]
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Mmn. I think the darkest chapter was probably back in the 60s when the team was the doormat of the AFL and nearly got sold and moved.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Mmn. I think the darkest chapter was probably back in the 60s when the team was the doormat of the AFL and nearly got sold and moved.
damn, you are old....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
yep, but in the recent past (last 20 years or so) this is one of the lowest points of this franchise.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Yeah, some of these guys have no clue what misery is...until you talk to the old school guys who were there since the birth of the Broncos.

Twice the Broncos were almost sold to outside interests who would have moved the team out of Denver. Gerald Phipps saved the team both times, contrary to what The Moops would have us believe.

We beat the Raiders once between '63 and '71...talk about being made to lick a cat's ass with the Broncos getting beat by the likes of 51-0....43-7....40-7. Twice we finished 2-11-1....3-11...and 3 times we won only 4 games.

We were the only original AFL franchise that never made the playoffs before it merged with the NFL.....and the two expansion teams (Cincinnati and Miami) made the NFL playoffs in first season after the AFL-NFL merger

We were the worst original AFL team with a 39-97-4 record....and never had a winning season during our AFL years.

But one season where we had the NFL's 2nd worst record but recovered to win division title and make playoffs the very next year is considered the darkest years of our franchise.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
I certainly wasn't around then; I have no recollection of what life was like as a Bronco fan at that time. That being said, it seems to me that there is a difference between supporting a team you know is bad and doesn't have any real hope vs a team you actually have expectations for.

Despite all it's warts, the team McD took over for had some real, tangible promise. Only a couple of years removed from an AFCCG, a high-powered offense, lots of nice pieces on the offensive side of the ball including a budding franchise QB and a stud WR. Despite fumbling all of that, McD started out 6-0 - we were living high, and had aspirations of post-season glory.

of course, the rug was violently torn away and we went 7-24 (.226) over the next 31 games (including the Fox/Orton era).

While there were times in the 60's when the Broncos were worse, there were no expectations. IMO, having high expectations magnifies how much the losses suck, which made the McD era especially painful.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I certainly wasn't around then; I have no recollection of what life was like as a Bronco fan at that time. That being said, it seems to me that there is a difference between supporting a team you know is bad and doesn't have any real hope vs a team you actually have expectations for.

While there were times in the 60's when the Broncos were worse, there were no expectations. IMO, having high expectations magnifies how much the losses suck, which made the McD era especially painful.
One of these days, I'll put together a thread listing the various frustrations and humiliations we went through back in those days. And I only go back to about 65-66. But yeah, expectations weren't high. The team went 13 years before it had its first winning season in 73.

I remember making a bet with a high school teacher back then that Denver would win a super bowl before the year 2000. He hit the floor laughing and I got 10:1 odds on that one, but as it turned out, that was a fairly close deal.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
One of these days, I'll put together a thread listing the various frustrations and humiliations we went through back in those days. And I only go back to about 65-66. But yeah, expectations weren't high. The team went 13 years before it had its first winning season in 73.

I remember making a bet with a high school teacher back then that Denver would win a super bowl before the year 2000. He hit the floor laughing and I got 10:1 odds on that one, but as it turned out, that was a fairly close deal.
Fans like you kept the Broncos going those early years. Was reading Wikipedia's page on the old AFL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League

Interesting stuff. The Raiders were originally supposed to be named the Oakland Senores. Ralph Wilson had to loan them $400,000 to keep operating after their first year.

The Broncos Bob Howsam was one of the first into the AFL ownership group that Lamar Hunt put together, after Hunt and Howsam couldn't buy the Chicago Cardinals from Bidwill in 1959.

Ralph Wilson, way back in 1961, had connections with the CFL, challenged their League Champion to a game with his Buffalo Bills.

Denver was by far the smallest market among the original AFL teams. Hell, Colorado had about 1.7 million people in the entire state in 1960.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's hard to get lower than the Steve Tensi/Max Choboian/Jacky Lee years. We were pathetic back in the 60's.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #20
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
no, because bacvk thern we had nothing and very low expectations. JMCD destroyed something that was glorious.
we went from the penthouse to the outhouse when that POS outsider/ BB secret agent arived and in just 2 seasons turned oue beloved team in to a laughing stock.
only the leadership and wisardry of JFE could lift us from the crATER LEFT BY THE jmcd METEOR.
I will always despise that punk! happy anniversary !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Here's to embarrassing him by kicking his game plan back to the drawing board while molesting Brady until he cries if and when we play them.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Here's to embarrassing him by kicking his game plan back to the drawing board while molesting Brady until he cries if and when we play them.
Lot to ask for but I am right ther wit ya...........After we mall them we nned a running play right at the idiot................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Am I the only person who actually believes that McDaniels didn't view the 49ers practice tape? I say that because we had our tails kicked. How is it possible to do that much cheating, and STILL fail?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Am I the only person who actually believes that McDaniels didn't view the 49ers practice tape? I say that because we had our tails kicked. How is it possible to do that much cheating, and STILL fail?
It was Josh.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Singletary always scripted his first 15 or so plays. If you watch that game you'll notice we held them in check until halftime where they adjusted, and McDamnit ate a pizza.