The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Vine

Default Eddie Lacy

Alabama running back.

Normally, I am against using a first round pick on a rb, but if he were to survive to the end of the 1st round when Denver might pick, I want him.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Definitely not a first rounder.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Definitely not a first rounder.
Or in the right forum
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

When did Lacy say that he was entering the draft?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Agamemnon

I'd be fine with drafting the guy in the 3rd round or later, but there's no ****ing way the guy is worth a 1st rounder.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Vine

It seems every Alabama rb is damn good, Lacy looks like the next great rb next in line from that pipeline.

Last edited by Vine; 12-01-2012 at 08:07 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I dunno. I do think he is a 1st Round back and would compete with Giovani Bernard to be the first back off the board. Right now, I'd think Green Bay would be very interested around Pick #25.

The guy is 6'0, 220. Runs in the low-mid 4.5s. Is going to have over 1200yds averaging more than 6 yards per carry in the SEC. He also has decent hands. And he's only a Junior in a timeshare with Yeldon whom is a future Top 10 back, or he'd have massive numbers. He was really good spelling Richardson last year as well and has substantial similarities to Trent.

If he's not a 1st Round back, I'm not sure what is.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I dunno. I do think he is a 1st Round back and would compete with Giovani Bernard to be the first back off the board. Right now, I'd think Green Bay would be very interested around Pick #25.

The guy is 6'0, 220. Runs in the low-mid 4.5s. Is going to have over 1200yds averaging more than 6 yards per carry in the SEC. He also has decent hands. And he's only a Junior in a timeshare with Yeldon whom is a future Top 10 back, or he'd have massive numbers. He was really good spelling Richardson last year as well and has substantial similarities to Trent.

If he's not a 1st Round back, I'm not sure what is.
I don't see it. That line makes everyone look great, but I just don't see the play-making ability of a 1st round pick. Then again the size (there's no way he's just 220) and speed combo may just be too tempting for teams. Should be interesting to see what the guy does at the Combine.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

bump that, i want Yeldon(yes i know he's a frosh), that dude is going to be a beast and they have some seriously wickedly good ones coming in this recruiting class.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

What about Montee Ball? Big strong back with a nose for the end zone.

Plus he is getting a 3rd round grade right now. Better to get a guy like that and get a MLB or dominant DT earlier in the draft
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

Plus he is getting a 3rd round grade right now. Better to get a guy like that and get a MLB or dominant DT earlier in the draft
only MLB i want early is named Teo and that mother is going top 15.
well Bostic from Florida is good too, but he's likely 2nd round more than 1st so that would still be early.

Last edited by Lestat; 12-01-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
well Bostic from Florida is good too, but he's likely 2nd round more than 1st so that would still be early.
I would love a DT like Kawann Short from Purdue that can get push up the middle in the 1st. Bostic Would be a nice 2nd round pick but if Te'o isn't an option I want Kevin Minter from LSU in the 2nd. Then in the 3rd Montee Ball.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #13
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I would love a DT like Kawann Short from Purdue that can get push up the middle in the 1st. Bostic Would be a nice 2nd round pick but if Te'o isn't an option I want Kevin Minter from LSU in the 2nd. Then in the 3rd Montee Ball.

That would be a really nice draft. Short is my preferred DT in this draft, though he didn't take the Senior jump I was expecting. I had him as my #1 DT last year, so maybe I'm just being stubborn after a very good, not great senior year. I'm not convinced he'll make it to the late first, and if he doesn't, I think Sylvester Williams from North Carolina would be a great consolation prize. Personally, I do hope we go DT in Round 1, maybe even trade back a bit like last year.

As for Minter, I made a post before I saw yours about him. He's kind of an easy evaluation because he won't come out unless he's a 1st Round pick. So, we would either take him in R1 or he's not an option this year. Really good player though.

Ball in the 3rd would work. Has a lot of similarities to former John Fox backs Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster. I really think he'd have to be the 2nd Round pick though, and we might even have to move up a bit for that.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #14
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

I've been really impressed with Kevin Minter from LSU. If he declares and makes it to our pick in the late first, I think he has to be the selection as things stand now. Te'o probably goes Top 5 now with both the Chiefs and Raiders needing an ILB.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

It these guys come out, it should be a much better year to draft a power back in the 2nd or 3rd round than last year.

Montee Ball is a senior
Levon Bell (MSU) is a junior
Bernard, Lacy, really any of these guys would go a long ways to helping to upgrade the RB position.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #16
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Ball will be an interesting name to watch. What's interesting is that after last year's ridiculous season, he was a 3rd round pick because of speed limitations. A year later, he's had a much less impressive statistical season while adding considerable mileage to his tires. That said, to me, he looks better and the Wisconsin line is not nearly as good as last season. I think he's a late 2nd Round pick, but there's probably not a player in this draft whom will have as much riding on a 40 time as Ball will. I expect a 4.63 if he weighs in at 215-225.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Ball will be an interesting name to watch. What's interesting is that after last year's ridiculous season, he was a 3rd round pick because of speed limitations. A year later, he's had a much less impressive statistical season while adding considerable mileage to his tires. That said, to me, he looks better and the Wisconsin line is not nearly as good as last season. I think he's a late 2nd Round pick, but there's probably not a player in this draft whom will have as much riding on a 40 time as Ball will. I expect a 4.63 if he weighs in at 215-225.
That won't go ever well here after the whole Moreno thing. Though I can see the appeal of Ball in the 3rd round. He could end up being very good yardage grinding type back.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

With the 32nd pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Denver broncos select-
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #19
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
With the 32nd pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Denver broncos select-
This.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Production production production! I'll take Monte Ball.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I won't lie, I don't watch a whole lot of college ball closely so I don't know one guy from the next usually but I was rooting for Georgia tonight (F Saban) and that Lacy guy looked amazing. The line surely helped but the guy seemed to get 5 yards after the first guy jumped on his back. That one drive where I don't think Alabama threw the ball once and Lacy was averaging 12+ YPC was just insane.

He may not have the body of work to be a 1st round pick, I don't know, but boy he sure dominated that Georgia D at times.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Much rather have Yeldon.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

After tonight Ogletree might lose some draft stock, the guy got steam rolled all night long. Maybe we can steal Ogletree late in the second round.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
After tonight Ogletree might lose some draft stock, the guy got steam rolled all night long. Maybe we can steal Ogletree late in the second round.
i doubt he lost much stock. he's like 220-225 playing LB on a safety frame.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #25
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
It doesn't look to me like Ogletree would help the Broncos Defense out any...he's definitely not a 4-3 MLB. The Broncos need a good RB...hopefully they can get one in Free Agency.

There are a few NT's that I wouldn't mind taking with the 32nd pick in the draft...
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote