The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Raiders' Rolando McClain Released

@NFL_RealUpdates
Reports are out that the #Raiders released 2010 8th overall pick LB Rolando McClain.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
An hour ago, Rolando McClain posted this on his Facebook wall: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

Kyle Burger ‏@kyle_burger
Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team'.

For those wondering, after this year he has 2 more years on his contract. 2013: 4 million 2014: 5.8 million

Last edited by Action; 11-28-2012 at 03:23 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I called this happening weeks ago.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,108
Default

Another guy we all wanted who flopped...
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Another guy we all wanted who flopped...
What's with all this "we" ****? .....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What's with all this "we" ****? .....
Come on, unless I'm misremembering I think most everybody loved this guy going into that draft.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Another guy we all wanted who flopped...
Speak for yourself.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Speak for yourself.
Yeah you didnt want manning either... soo..
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,327

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Well... he and DJ would probably get along.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Well... he and DJ would probably get along.
mental midget LB corps..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Wow.

I make a point of not watching the Raiders very much, but through his first two years I thought he'd been doing pretty well for them? He had a great year statistically last season anyway, 100 tackles with 5 sacks and a lot of pass defenses... did his play just go to hell this year?

Wonder if there's an attitude issue?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,108
Default

I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,327

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?
Yup.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?
I think he is worse then Mays.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think he is worse then Mays.
Mays couldn't find a way to make a tackle or rarely be in position to make a tackle. McClain has talent.

McClain played in a 3-4 defense in college so he should be accustomed to shedding blockers as our defensive system requires.

McClain is younger than Brooking and obviously more physically talented... but Brooking is a smart and savy vet who knows where to be.

But like J.D. Walton, you have to ask yourself... what happens if Brooking get's hurt? DJ? Steven Johnson?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Mays couldn't find a way to make a tackle or rarely be in position to make a tackle. McClain has talent.

McClain played in a 3-4 defense in college so he should be accustomed to shedding blockers as our defensive system requires.

McClain is younger than Brooking and obviously more physically talented... but Brooking is a smart and savy vet who knows where to be.

But like J.D. Walton, you have to ask yourself... what happens if Brooking get's hurt? DJ? Steven Johnson?
I've found myself reading a couple of raiders boards over the last couple months and everything they say about him is bad. Literally they say the same thing about McClain as you just did about Mays!

Allen got the best season of his career out of Mays last year. So much that PFF (I'm not a huge believer in them) gave him one of the highest grades for a run stopping MLB. McClain on the other hand is playing like hot garbage. Yes he is more talented then our guys but his level of play isn't so there is no upside. I do trust JDR and Fox and would support them if they felt they could salvage his career. I just won't hold my breath though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
brantleymassey
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think he is worse then Mays.
Are you insane. Joe Mays is the worst line backer in the nfl. He misses tackles, can't cover, he can't even rush the passer. You notice how much better the d is playing without him. Brooking is older and may not have the skill set as other lbs but he keeps the d alinged correctly. Mays could not run the more complicated defenses. Mcclain is more talented than both. He is faster, taller, longer and does not miss tackles. He is pretty good in coverage (14 deflections last year) mays (0). He can run complicated defenses. It is hard to run anything at oakland. come on guys it is the raiders. Dennis Allen was an ok d coordinator but Mcclain could florish under Del Rio. Plus there is no risk. He will not cost a lot, he could be released at the end of the year or he could be a great line backer with players and coaches around him. I like Brooking but what happens if he gets hurt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleymassey View Post
Are you insane. Joe Mays is the worst line backer in the nfl. He misses tackles, can't cover, he can't even rush the passer. You notice how much better the d is playing without him. Brooking is older and may not have the skill set as other lbs but he keeps the d alinged correctly. Mays could not run the more complicated defenses. Mcclain is more talented than both. He is faster, taller, longer and does not miss tackles. He is pretty good in coverage (14 deflections last year) mays (0). He can run complicated defenses. It is hard to run anything at oakland. come on guys it is the raiders. Dennis Allen was an ok d coordinator but Mcclain could florish under Del Rio. Plus there is no risk. He will not cost a lot, he could be released at the end of the year or he could be a great line backer with players and coaches around him. I like Brooking but what happens if he gets hurt.
Trouble is there will be a lot of teams looking at it this way.

Maybe we should just trade for him and ask him to restructure next year.

The idea of getting him intrigues me.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleymassey View Post
Are you insane. Joe Mays is the worst line backer in the nfl. He misses tackles, can't cover, he can't even rush the passer. You notice how much better the d is playing without him. Brooking is older and may not have the skill set as other lbs but he keeps the d alinged correctly. Mays could not run the more complicated defenses. Mcclain is more talented than both. He is faster, taller, longer and does not miss tackles. He is pretty good in coverage (14 deflections last year) mays (0). He can run complicated defenses. It is hard to run anything at oakland. come on guys it is the raiders. Dennis Allen was an ok d coordinator but Mcclain could florish under Del Rio. Plus there is no risk. He will not cost a lot, he could be released at the end of the year or he could be a great line backer with players and coaches around him. I like Brooking but what happens if he gets hurt.
Everything you said about Mays is word for word that Raiders fans say about McClain. If McClain is so good at covering then why is he taken off the field on passing downs?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,084
Default

^just a guess but probably has something to with him being an idiot, see this picture for evidence.

KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
^just a guess but probably has something to with him being an idiot, see this picture for evidence.

Why, just the other day JDR was quoted as saying, "you can never have enough LB's that get into trouble"....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #22
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Wow.

I make a point of not watching the Raiders very much, but through his first two years I thought he'd been doing pretty well for them? He had a great year statistically last season anyway, 100 tackles with 5 sacks and a lot of pass defenses... did his play just go to hell this year?

Wonder if there's an attitude issue?
he is a ****ing moron. that's the issue and the Raiders are actually trying to fix their public image.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,652

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
he is a ****ing moron. that's the issue and the Raiders are actually trying to fix their public image.
So is this stating he is an Orangemane poster
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
So is this stating he is an Orangemane poster
Speak for yourself.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I really liked McClain coming out of college. This whole bad attitude image he made is really odd, as he was one of the most high character guys at Alabama. I mean Trent Richard just called McClain his idol, and Trent is a very high character guy too.

I can't help but think it's the Raiders organization but if anyone were to know about McClain it's going to be the Broncos.

I expect Elway to look heavily into this...
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Denver Broncos