The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Coming Up: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass? They have the number 13 passing offense, while Denver's pass D is rated at 5. They have the 11th rushing offense while Denver has the 9th rated rushing D. On paper it looks good for the Broncos. Peyton needs to bust out for multiple TDs through the air. The Broncos D should be able to hold them down while PM takes them apart through the air. Pick DT for fantasy.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

This is a decent team, I hope the broncos don't underestimate them. Schiano has done a great job there
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
This is a decent team, I hope the broncos don't underestimate them. Schiano has done a great job there
I'm not sure what to think. If you look at their schedule http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule...bay-buccaneers
they've beat the bad teams, and not by much, and lost to the better teams, but not by much.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass? They have the number 13 passing offense, while Denver's pass D is rated at 5. They have the 11th rushing offense while Denver has the 9th rated rushing D. On paper it looks good for the Broncos. Peyton needs to bust out for multiple TDs through the air. The Broncos D should be able to hold them down while PM takes them apart through the air. Pick DT for fantasy.
Doesn't Peyton bust out multiple TDs through the air every game.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Doesn't Peyton bust out multiple TDs through the air every game.
Well...

When I say multiple, I mean MULTIPLE. Like five or six.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

V Jackson will have to be stopped. Averaging 20 yards per catch? That's a deep ball
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
V Jackson will have to be stopped. Averaging 20 yards per catch? That's a deep ball

That guy moves like molasses...just can't figure out how he will be a problem for us.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Get them huffin' and puffin' with no huddle...

Tough team, physical.., it seems like they should have a sh-t load of high drafted d lineman, bunch of them hurt..

WR's will be a good challenge for us..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Do not profess to being an expert but what I have seen of them mostly redzone channel on Sundays few if any of the catches Jackson has made are in stride going for the end zone.

Most of the ones I have seen he has had to work for the catch coming back for it and the QB is not a great passer. Has a strong arm but not "Manning" acurate.

Again a lot of VJs receptions the CB are almost no where to be seen. well not sticky close like our guys have been playing.

Still overall I think it could be a struggle. A close win or a blow out.

If Manning can get his rhythm EARLY and run their asses ragged at altitude come mid 3rd quarter and through the 4th we should pull away. Force them to pass and then let the dawgs out.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Well...

When I say multiple, I mean MULTIPLE. Like five or six.
That is one thing I am still waiting for with Peyton. A monster 4+ TD game that he seemed to have every time he played against Denver
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
That is one thing I am still waiting for with Peyton. A monster 4+ TD game that he seemed to have every time he played against Denver

Exactly! And it needs to go to anyone on our offense except for DT. Hopefully decker, decker, decker and some knowshon. I am playing for a first round bye this week. I need a Monster game (not from DT) to put it away.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

This is a solid team. Schianao is an a-hole, but he coaches solid fundamentals and this is a really tough team.

Has anyone seen many games with these guys in it? I have only seen a little bit.

On Offense, they obviously run the ball frequently and effectively with Martin and they have some really good big play WRs getting thrown the ball by a big, strong-armed QB. Sound familiar? That's what made the Chargers so good for so many years when they were kicking our asses. This is gonna be a good test for our defense.

On defense, what they're good at is less clear. Their rankings are what they are, but from the eye test, it looks like they have a pretty poor pass defense, but one that always seems to make key interceptions, and they're really good at returning them for TDs.

It'll be a close, tough game, IMO. But it's also in Denver. We'll win this. Especially if Moreno can repeat his performance from last week.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
This is a solid team. Schianao is an a-hole, but he coaches solid fundamentals and this is a really tough team.

Has anyone seen many games with these guys in it? I have only seen a little bit.

On Offense, they obviously run the ball frequently and effectively with Martin and they have some really good big play WRs getting thrown the ball by a big, strong-armed QB. Sound familiar? That's what made the Chargers so good for so many years when they were kicking our asses. This is gonna be a good test for our defense.

On defense, what they're good at is less clear. Their rankings are what they are, but from the eye test, it looks like they have a pretty poor pass defense, but one that always seems to make key interceptions, and they're really good at returning them for TDs.

It'll be a close, tough game, IMO. But it's also in Denver. We'll win this. Especially if Moreno can repeat his performance from last week.

People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

This is going to be a Denver blowout. And I'll tell you why...The Bucs have the worst pass defense, and they have no name players in the secondary. They're going to focus on stopping the pass, and this will open up everything for the Broncos offense. They will run it and playaction will be open all day for some deep bombs. Also, our defense is very much underrated ... I trully think we have a dominant defense with #1 potential. I think this will be Denver's best game on offense, and the defense will be balling as usual.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
This is going to be a Denver blowout. And I'll tell you why...The Bucs have the worst pass defense, and they have no name players in the secondary. They're going to focus on stopping the pass, and this will open up everything for the Broncos offense. They will run it and playaction will be open all day for some deep bombs. Also, our defense is very much underrated ... I trully think we have a dominant defense with #1 potential. I think this will be Denver's best game on offense, and the defense will be balling as usual.
I hope you are right. Not only would help the broncos keep pace for Home Field in the AFC, but it would also help the redskins playoff push

If the broncos are on top of their game, I could see a blowout as well. If the Broncos play like they have the past 3 weeks, I see it in the L column.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face. He's a rookie NFL coach, and he has obviously learned not to insult his "fraternity of coaches."

He may be a tremendous coach and human being, but he screwed up when he sent his defenders after a game ending kneel. If this were to become his regular convention, teams would undoubtedly try "anything possible" to bury his teams at the end of the game. His players proably wouldn't appreciate what other teams could dream up that was "within the rules of play."

Fight hard, fight to the end, but a kneel down is a foregone conclusion. At that point, attempts to fight it out just become a "sore loser" mentality.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
comoose00

[QUOTE=cmhargrove;3739441]Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

[QUOTE=comoose00;3739535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.
I do agree that it was a fair play within the rules, no argument there.

Different people make their own choice as to what is "within the rules," and what is honorable. If he continues trying to be a bully in a room of badasses, experience shows he will probably get his ass kicked, and no one will be around to shed a tear for him.

You can read plenty about him being an a-hole from his years at Rutgers if you want. Just Google him and it is pretty easy to find stories about how domineering and demeaning he was to many on his staff, and to quite a few NFL scouts trying to come look at his players. Anyway, we can feel different about this and it doesn't bother me.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #19
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

[QUOTE=comoose00;3739535]
Quote:
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

It's called an unwritten rule....kind of like stealing bases in baseball when you're up by 6-7 runs in the 9th inning, or throwing the ball when you're up by 10 or more with 30 seconds to go in the game.....sure the rules say you CAN do it....but c'mon...everyone knows you don't smack the opponet's QB on a ****ing kneel down.

It was a classless thing to do, and it could lead to other teams taking a pot shot at his QB on day.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face. He's a rookie NFL coach, and he has obviously learned not to insult his "fraternity of coaches."

He may be a tremendous coach and human being, but he screwed up when he sent his defenders after a game ending kneel. If this were to become his regular convention, teams would undoubtedly try "anything possible" to bury his teams at the end of the game. His players proably wouldn't appreciate what other teams could dream up that was "within the rules of play."

Fight hard, fight to the end, but a kneel down is a foregone conclusion. At that point, attempts to fight it out just become a "sore loser" mentality.
He did it to the cowboys too.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

Ahhh... it's a football game & the clock is still running. I don't understand what everyone's case of the a$$ is on this one. Both NY and Dallas were up by a TD or less. If you can try and force a TO to win the game, why wouldn't you? Just because no one has tried it before doesn't make it wrong. This whole thing reminds of the whining by opposition players when Fran Tarkenton started to scramble instead of standing like a stone in the pocket.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Smacking the opposing QB on a ****ing kneel down is classless...it's the QB's equilvalent to a fair catch...(I won't run up the score if you don't tackle me)...but feel free to act like he's just a passionate coach
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

should be a close game, but they are terrible against the pass.

Freeman is bound to make mistakes agaisnt our D as well. Should be a win unless we turn the ball over
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Peyton goes for the single season passing TD franchise record this week....amazing that it is only 27
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #25
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Peyton goes for the single season passing TD franchise record this week....amazing that it is only 27
It sure is! I truly believe that had John Elway played his whole career with Mike Shanahan as his head coach, he would have thrown a lot more TD passes. Dan Reeves seemed to be a standard-set, run-run-pass Coach, like the Tom Landry-coached Cowboys. Staubach finally convinced Landry to pass more, or let him run the ball. Shanahan really opened things up for the Broncos' offense!
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote