The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Default YEP, YOUR RIGHT, IT IS THE GREATEST 2013 MOCK DRAFT EVER.

RESIGNED
KOPPEN
BRUTON
COLQUITT
CLADY
T.CARTER
VICKERSON

FA
Danny Amendola WR - (STL)
DEN will need to simply out match any offer that STL throws at Amendola, but DEN also has the SB factor working for them, and with Manning making a couple well timed phone calls, Manning to Amendola is not that far fetched.
As a matter of fact, the enticment of catching balls from Manning and going to Super Bowls is enough alone to get Amendola into a Bronco's uni. But yeah, it's gonna cost DEN some coin. Who cares!?!? Manning has his slot reciever extraordinaire and DEN's offense with a rookie RB ( See Draft) is a juggernaut that no other team can stop.
Alternate- Josh Cribbs (CLE) WR

Brandon Moore OG- (NYJ)
I know what your thinking. The Jets suck. Yeah, they do, and after watching Sanchez run straight into Moore's ass, that basically sums up their season. However, Moore has been a consistent standout on the offensive line at RG
for years, and is still playing really well in his 10th season.
DEN needs some quality depth on its line, and they need it now. With Manning running the show, DEN just cannot afford to have injury issues mid-season, and having Moore start at RG is a huge upgrade, and gives DEN much needed depth. Moore is also a leader and a veteran. Plus hes versatile. Moore can play multiple positions along the O-line, making him worth every penny. I would love to sign Andy Levitre (BUF) and move him to RG, but i dont think BUF lets him walk, and he will command monster $$$$ on the open FA market. Just too expensive. Moore is looking after 10 years to win a SB, and after the mess the Jets have become , i have no doubt that Manning
could entice him to come and play for a mid-sized contract, and finish out his career as a Bronco.
Alternate- Andre Smith (CIN) - OT

Sammie Lee Hill DT - (DET)
As fast and disruptive as DEN's interior defensive line is, they still need a big body to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down, and create more 3 and outs for opposing offense's. Hill is a talented run stuffer at the point of attack, and for as much hype as the rest of the Lions D-line players get, Hill is a stand-out in his own right. Tendered at a 4th rounder last year, i thought DEN should have jumped on him, however now hes completely free of any contract squabbles, and DET will be hard pressed to re-sign another D-line player with all the $$$ they already have thrown at that position. Hill brings bulk,
and size to the D-line, but also allows JDR to use multiple fronts and formations with other D-line players. Like Moore, Hill will be looking for a mid-sized contract with a winner, so he wont break the bank either.
Alternate - Sedrick Ellis (NO)

DRAFT

1ST ROUND
Louis Nix III*, DT, Notre Dame
Height: 6-5. Weight: 326.
Projected 40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2013): 1.
Nix has been an animal for Notre Dame this season. He has been a disruptive force who blasts through the line. Nix has caused a lot of havoc on run plays for his teammates to clean up. He has totaled 35 tackles, 4.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, three passes broken up and one forced fumble this year.
The numbers don't illustrate how good Nix has been for the Irish. He looks like a first-round talent for the 2013 NFL Draft, but could crack the top half of the first round if he returns for 2014 and plays well. However, all signs point to Nix coming out this year, and making an immediate impact in the NFL.
2ND ROUND
Andrew Jackson*, ILB, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
Jackson has totaled 97 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks and four forced fumbles this season. He held his own against Alabama with seven tackles and 1.5 tackles for a loss. Jackson had a huge game against Florida Atlantic with 19 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, a pass batted and a forced fumble. The Lakeland, Fla. product Jackson grew up in Ray Lewis' hometown and has patterned his game after the future Hall of Famer. Jackson had 109 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks, one interception and one forced fumble in 2011. The sophomore played well against the better competition with 12 tackles and a sack against Kentucky and eight tackles and a sack against LSU. Jackson is a thumper of a linebacker. He has good instincts and some quickness. Jackson is extremely physical and has real presence on the field with a big-time demeanor.
DEN needs a MLB in a bad way, and from all accounts, Jackson is a beast at the point of attack, and can become a 3-down player with just a bit of work.
Skov is just not the player he once was after the knee injury, and i think Minter will be gone by the late 2nd, being that he is also projected as a OLB too, so taking a guy who has all the physical potential in the world and putting him with Fox and Del Rio makes his chances of becoming a monster in the middle really good. Jackson has more upside as a potential superstar in the NFL than just about any other player in this draft.
3RD ROUND
Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
Height: 5-11. Weight: 208.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.
Taylor has been playing very well as a senior and has been the workhorse for the Cardinal's offense. He carried Stanford to an upset win over USC with over 200 combined yards and two touchdowns. Taylor is averaging 4.6 yards per carry with 904 yards and six touchdowns this season. He has totaled 22 receptions for 113 yards with a score through the air. The senior is showing three-down ability with his blocking and receiving. Nationally, Taylor is a sleeper prospect who could be a draft-day steal.
DEN obviously needs an heir apparent at RB. Hillman could turn out to be a very solid player, but being that he's the youngest player in the NFL, he will simply need more time to develop. Taylor is perfect for the DEN system. Able to catch out of the backfield, he can also carry the rock for the duration of a game, and most importantly, he gets stronger as the game goes into the 4th quarter, and can really wear on a defense. Very good between the tackles runner, but he can also take it outside for big gains. Durable, and very solid as a 3rd-down blocker, Taylor is a perfect weapon to deploy in a Manning led offense.
4TH ROUND
Jonotthan Harrison*, C, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.08.
Projected Round (2013): 4-5.
Harrison has been playing well for Florida this year and doing a good job of blocking for Gillislee. Harrison played well against LSU but struggled against Georgia. Harrison broke into the lineup in 2011, recording starts at center and guard. The junior looks much improved so far this year. Harrison has been a good run-blocker for Mike Gillislee and has done a good job in pass protection. The improvements will be tested when Florida takes on Georgia and LSU this season.
DEN needs another Center to Compete with Walton, and possibly take over for Koppen, who really has saved DEN this year. However, Koppen's continued success next year is in question, and a replacement and quality depth at the very least is much needed. Harrison could stand to put on some weight but he already is a good run blocker, and with Manning teaching him along the way, Harrison could really develop into a good center.
5TH ROUND
!*!*SLEEPER STEAL*!*!
Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2013): 5.
Thomas leads the nation with seven interceptions. He had three picks against Colorado, returning two of them for touchdowns. Thomas also has recorded 61 tackles, four passes broken up and three forced fumbles. He has really put himself on the map with his big plays and is making up for lost time. Thomas took a medical redshirt last year and missed the entire season after breaking a leg and dislocating an ankle three days before the first game. He had 64 tackles and three interceptions in 2010.
DEN needs depth and ballhawks in the deep secondary, and Thomas could really push Moore and Adams. I hate to say it, but i think Carter will be released. Bruton will be re-signed as a ST's ace. Relax, cause Thomas looks just like Carter, so its all good!
6TH ROUND
Traded to PHIL for DT Brodrick Bunkley
7TH ROUND
Curtis McNeal, RB, USC
Height: 5-7. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2013): 6-7.
McNeal has totaled 299 yards on 47 carries in 2012 as the backup to Silas Redd. McNeal is an interesting back given that he took over the starting position from senior Marc Tyler in 2011 and really played well. McNeal averaged just under seven yards per carry (6.9) with 1,005 yards on only 145 carries. He ran for six touchdowns.
Becoming obvious to the fans that DEN can never have enough RBs to create depth and competition, and McNeil, although being a bit undersized, is a really solid back, and could possibly even become a weapon on kick-offs and punt returns.

FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!!

Last edited by socalorado; 11-28-2012 at 01:40 PM..
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Bmore Manning

Nice effort! I love the Andrew Jackson pick! I mentioned his name on here as someone I am watching closely. I'm still concerned about his ability in space.. But he could be subbed out for Trevathan in Nickel packages.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Nice effort! I love the Andrew Jackson pick! I mentioned his name on here as someone I am watching closely. I'm still concerned about his ability in space.. But he could be subbed out for Trevathan in Nickel packages.
From all accounts, this kid has huge potential. Hes a serious big hitter, and can drop the hammer with attitude. Plus hes extremely athletic, and smart.
He has set the bar high for himself and DEN just has to get a true MLB to run this damn defense.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

A man after my own heart! I see you're a fan of Stepfan as well. The good thing about him is that he's an all around back. He's a north/south bowling ball of a runner and just a flat-out excellent pass blocker. Plus, like you said, he's got great hands. He's almost a custom-made Fox/Manning type RB. I prefer Skov at MLB. Even with the DUI, he's just such a leader in the lockerroom and on the field. The guy plays with total intensity at all times. He calls the Ds. He's the team leader. If he doesn't go back for another year after his knee rehabs, I hope he's the pick. It will be very interesting to see who's still on the board when the Broncos pick at 32.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Bmore Manning

Some Free Agents I really like, which are realistic options and will allow us to take BPA:

MLB: Larry Grant or Bart Scott (Expecting His Release)
NT: Terrance Knighton

WR: Austin Collie
Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
A man after my own heart! I see you're a fan of Stepfan as well. The good thing about him is that he's an all around back. He's a north/south bowling ball of a runner and just a flat-out excellent pass blocker. Plus, like you said, he's got great hands. He's almost a custom-made Fox/Manning type RB. I prefer Skov at MLB. Even with the DUI, he's just such a leader in the lockerroom and on the field. The guy plays with total intensity at all times. He calls the Ds. He's the team leader. If he doesn't go back for another year after his knee rehabs, I hope he's the pick. It will be very interesting to see who's still on the board when the Broncos pick at 32.
I think Spephan is also a Fox kind of back. A close 2nd is Gillisee from FLA, who also is very much the same type of back, but i think after playing in Harbaughs offense for so long, and now Clays offense, Taylor is just NFL ready day 1 and its obvious when you watch him run.
Hes a plug and play player day 1 and he will net DEN huge results right away.

Skov has big time downsides now. He really has lost all explosion, and will really have to prove himself all over again at the combine. We will see.....
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

You're*
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
You're*
It means they are juniors.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Not too shabby.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Thoughts:

1. Amendola would be great, St. Louis won't let him get away though.

2. Moore isn't an upgrade on Kuper at RG, and I doubt he signs to be a backup.

3. Hill makes a ton of sense as would Knighton.

4. Nix would be great, but there's a good chance if he came out this year, he'd go in the Top 20, possibly to Tennessee or New Orleans.

5. Jackson is very intriguing, but he's likely a 34 ILB only. It'll be very interesting to see his athleticism in offseason workouts. We require our MIKE to drop into coverage fairly often.

6. Taylor makes a lot of sense for us, but we'd be lucky if he fell to the late 3rd. I see him and Montee Ball as Mid-Late 2nd round guys. Alot depends on his 40 of course. Moreno's ascension as of late complicates the RB picture as well.

7. Not sure about another OC. We're only going to carry two, and unless we've given up on either Walton or Blake, I don't see us going this route. Now, a big OG to replace Ramirez as depth, sure.

8. Phillip Thomas would be great, but I will be shocked if he gets out of the 2nd round. Maybe one of the Georgia safeties at this point.

9. Fine with any 7th round selection.

Good, well thought out Nov. mock to be sure.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Thoughts:

1. Amendola would be great, St. Louis won't let him get away though.

2. Moore isn't an upgrade on Kuper at RG, and I doubt he signs to be a backup.

3. Hill makes a ton of sense as would Knighton.

4. Nix would be great, but there's a good chance if he came out this year, he'd go in the Top 20, possibly to Tennessee or New Orleans.

5. Jackson is very intriguing, but he's likely a 34 ILB only. It'll be very interesting to see his athleticism in offseason workouts. We require our MIKE to drop into coverage fairly often.

6. Taylor makes a lot of sense for us, but we'd be lucky if he fell to the late 3rd. I see him and Montee Ball as Mid-Late 2nd round guys. Alot depends on his 40 of course. Moreno's ascension as of late complicates the RB picture as well.

7. Not sure about another OC. We're only going to carry two, and unless we've given up on either Walton or Blake, I don't see us going this route. Now, a big OG to replace Ramirez as depth, sure.

8. Phillip Thomas would be great, but I will be shocked if he gets out of the 2nd round. Maybe one of the Georgia safeties at this point.

9. Fine with any 7th round selection.

Good, well thought out Nov. mock to be sure.
Yeah, its early, and i am sure many of these guys will move around a bit.
I am suprised you think Thomas will be taken that high!
I think Nix comes out, so i have him. Again, its early.
I really think Jackson with Fox and JDR can play 4-3 MLB.

I also really believe that Amendola would walk if DEN can match his offer.
Oh, and a well timed phone call from Peyton, Elway and Fox wont hurt either!!!
As for O-linemen, this team needs em. Its becoming glaringly obvious.
Some depth just cant hurt at all.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #12
elpasojoe
Solid Starter

Location: El Paso, TX, originally Ordway (southeast) Colorado

Love your first and third round picks. Maybe you or BmoreManning can provide any updates of Andrew Jackson. Not familiar with him.
elpasojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpasojoe View Post
Love your first and third round picks. Maybe you or BmoreManning can provide any updates of Andrew Jackson. Not familiar with him.
What would you like to know? Hopefully I can provide some insight..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: