The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default Moreno stepped his game up

He knows this is his last chance, and he's rising to the occasion...
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Armchair Bronco

He looked good. North and south. And two hands on the ball at all times.

Mission accomplished I'd say.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Good enough. A couple tackles by the Turf Monster but a positive performance overall.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Ran well and ran hard.
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Impressive I'd say, I'm happy for him.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Vine

I have been one of his biggest critics. He played well today, in fact, I might even say, without his performance today, Denver may not have won.

However, I will say this... I still feel it is inevitable that the Know-Show that most of us know too well will eventually come back.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I have been one of his biggest critics. He played well today, in fact, I might even say, without his performance today, Denver may not have won.

However, I will say this... I still feel it is inevitable that the Know-Show that most of us know too well will eventually come back.
Evidently you didn't like the big **** sandwich Knowshon made you eat today, huh?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Evidently you didn't like the big **** sandwich Knowshon made you eat today, huh?
I gave him props for his game today. What else would you expect me to do?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
He knows this is his last chance, and he's rising to the occasion...
Actually he ran this hard last season before he blew his knee out....and was running this hard earlier, but he did fumble that one time this year, and that is an unforgivable sin to some on here.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
Vine

Quote:
Actually he ran this hard last season before he blew his knee out....and was running this hard earlier, but he did fumble that one time this year, and that is an unforgivable sin to some on here.
Fumbling in itself is not unforgivable, but some of his fumbles came at the most inopportune times that ended up costing Denver games.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Fumbling in itself is not unforgivable, but some of his fumbles came at the most inopportune times that ended up costing Denver games.
Really? which one? And pray tell when is there ever an opportune time to fumble the ball?

If you think the fumble vs. Falcons cost us that game, you're not only stupid, you're ****ing stupid as all get out......

Last edited by errand; 11-25-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Really? which one? And pray tell when is there ever an opportune time to fumble the ball?

If you think the fumble vs. Falcons cost us that game, you're not only stupid, you're ****ing stupid as all get out......
This.

I've debunked this myth before. He has 8 career lost fumbles and 5 of them either came in wins or in games that we lost by 20 or more points. Another was that Falcons game. Another came early in the first half of a close game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Vine

Quote:

So you are going to try to claim that some fumbles don't have as big an effect on games as other fumbles? Last year, he several fumbles that hurt us big time. You never want to see one of your own players fumble, but if you fumble when you are up by 3 touchdowns, that is a lot less costly than some of the other times he has fumbled.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
So you are going to try to claim that some fumbles don't have as big an effect on games as other fumbles? Last year, he several fumbles that hurt us big time. You never want to see one of your own players fumble, but if you fumble when you are up by 3 touchdowns, that is a lot less costly than some of the other times he has fumbled.
Moreno had 1 fumble last year
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
McGahee's had this issue too, it can frusturating.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #16
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

I loved his performance today but God does he make it look bad. He is the clumsiest back I have ever watched run. It's embarrassing. He trips over his own feet, misses obvious holes and shows no confidence. The only thing he's confident about are his abilities to get up off the ground. He pops up like boss.

If he showed half the confidence running the ball that he shows getting up from tripping over his own feet we'd be alright.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
I loved his performance today but God does he make it look bad. He is the clumsiest back I have ever watched run. It's embarrassing. He trips over his own feet, misses obvious holes and shows no confidence. The only thing he's confident about are his abilities to get up off the ground. He pops up like boss.

If he showed half the confidence running the ball that he shows getting up from tripping over his own feet we'd be alright.
Yeah because he's the only RB that's tripped himself up running the ball....

the hatred for this guy is just mind blowing.....
Old 11-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post

Perfect summation of Knowshon...my sentiments exactly!
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'm very happy for him.

Next week will be a tough test for sure. TB has the #1 ranked run defense in the league. If he can even somewhat replicate today's numbers, we'll do just fine. We need more consistent blocking though. We were largely dominated up front today.

He will have his chances the rest of the way though. Nobody we face after TB has an even somewhat decent run defense.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'm very happy for him.

Next week will be a tough test for sure. TB has the #1 ranked run defense in the league. If he can even somewhat replicate today's numbers, we'll do just fine. We need more consistent blocking though. We were largely dominated up front today.

He will have his chances the rest of the way though. Nobody we face after TB has an even somewhat decent run defense.
You couldn't be farther off Tampa has an awful run D and I would dare say bottom 5. I know for a fact SF has the number 1 and Chicago isn't far off.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #21
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You couldn't be farther off Tampa has an awful run D and I would dare say bottom 5. I know for a fact SF has the number 1 and Chicago isn't far off.
Chicago and 9ers hqve #1 and #2 overall. If youre just talking Run D, Tampa is pretty stout but their secondary sucks.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Chicago and 9ers hqve #1 and #2 overall. If youre just talking Run D, Tampa is pretty stout but their secondary sucks.
Yeah I said nothing about pass beantown said Tampa has number 1 run D and its actually number 32.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #23
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yeah I said nothing about pass beantown said Tampa has number 1 run D and its actually number 32.
Tampa does have the #1 Ranked rush defense....but #32 ranked Pass D.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I thought Moreno ran hard today against a surprisingly motivated Chef defense. He's earned the right to start next week, but I don't see the big-time talent whose only limitations are that he is hampered by injuries narrative that some of you guys are spinning.

KM doesn't really have the 2nd gear and explosiveness that an elite back his size should have. He doesn't have the great feet that you want in an every down back. Willis is 30 pounds heaver, significantly older and running with a no cartilage knee and he is still more sudden and quick in space.

KM showed decent vision today, which is encouraging. He's better than Ball, and he finished the game strong, but I don't think this was a coming out party or anything. We're really going to struggle running the ball consistently against decent teams with KM, Ball, or Hillman.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I thought Moreno ran hard today against a surprisingly motivated Chef defense. He's earned the right to start next week, but I don't see the big-time talent whose only limitations are that he is hampered by injuries narrative that some of you guys are spinning.

KM doesn't really have the 2nd gear and explosiveness that an elite back his size should have. He doesn't have the great feet that you want in an every down back. Willis is 30 pounds heaver, significantly older and running with a no cartilage knee and he is still more sudden and quick in space.

KM showed decent vision today, which is encouraging. He's better than Ball, and he finished the game strong, but I don't think this was a coming out party or anything. We're really going to struggle running the ball consistently against decent teams with KM, Ball, or Hillman.
Pretty good take. Moreno is almost certainly never going to live up to 1st round status. I think that ship has sailed. But he's still better than Hillman and Ball, so I'm glad we have him on the roster right now. This offense doesn't really need elite RB play, just competent RB play.