The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Woman denied abortion dies in agony in Hospital

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/wo...,3031709.story

http://jezebel.com/5960385/woman-den...es-in-hospital

"Her husband, Praveen Halappanavar says she asked several times over a three-day period that the pregnancy be terminated. He says that, having been told she was miscarrying, and after one day in severe pain, Ms Halappanavar asked for a medical termination.

This was refused, he says, because the foetal heartbeat was still present and they were told, "this is a Catholic country".

Even though Halappanavar, a Hindu, was emphatic that she was neither Irish nor Catholic, and even though she developed shakes and shivering and was vomiting." ...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
nyuk nyuk

You move to a place where you hate their views and expect them to bend their will to you? Brilliant. Deliciously arrogant.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You move to a place where you hate their views and expect them to bend their will to you? Brilliant. Deliciously arrogant.
Yeah. She had it coming.

Your enjoyment is ghoulish.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Yeah. She had it coming.

Your enjoyment is ghoulish.
You seem intent on displaying your low IQ.

If I don't want the medical care given by Islamic law, then I don't live in a Muslim country. This is not rocket science.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
You seem intent on displaying your low IQ.

If I don't want the medical care given by Islamic law, then I don't live in a Muslim country. This is not rocket science.
Take glee in your judgment of others. That's what you seem to excel at.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Cool so what people in other countries think is important now? Great! Lets discuss the death penalty, paid maternity leave, health care and number of paid vacation days.

Oh, you only brought up global opinion because it suited your argument?

Gotcha.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Take glee in your judgment of others. That's what you seem to excel at.
You and yours have judged and attacked me nearly endlessly since I got here, accusing me of being some man in Texas as well as a closeted homosexual and now all of a sudden you recoil with a tear and an ouchie because I hurt your feelers after you put weird words in my mouth attributing to me an idea which I did not express which is that this woman "asked for it"?!

Do I need to buy dictionaries for you people? You clearly don't know what judging is. Hint: You're doing it. You have been.

Yougottabekiddinme.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
WTF is wrong with you??
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Apparently there are only two states left in the country, Colorado and Florida, that still have individual Doctors providing late-term abortions. The anti-abortion movement has pretty much run the rest of them out of business (or, you know, murdered them). Sounds okay (except perhaps the murder part) until you realize that sometimes a late term procedure is needed for the health or safety of the mother or an unborn twin, and in those cases people have very limited options. It's the kind of thing almost nobody considers in their anti-abortion fervor. The link below details one such story.

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/a...heartbreak.php
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Apparently there are only two states left in the country, Colorado and Florida, that still have individual Doctors providing late-term abortions. The anti-abortion movement has pretty much run the rest of them out of business (or, you know, murdered them). Sounds okay (except perhaps the murder part) until you realize that sometimes a late term procedure is needed for the health or safety of the mother or an unborn twin, and in those cases people have very limited options. It's the kind of thing almost nobody considers in their anti-abortion fervor. The link below details one such story.

The biggest limitation on Abortion providers, by far, is that most qualified health care professionals don't want to do them.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The biggest limitation on Abortion providers, by far, is that most qualified health care professionals don't want to do them.
How dare they exercise their right to practice as they choose!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Apparently there are only two states left in the country, Colorado and Florida, that still have individual Doctors providing late-term abortions. The anti-abortion movement has pretty much run the rest of them out of business (or, you know, murdered them).
37 of 50 U.S. States allow abortion after 24 weeks.

The only other countries IN THE WORLD that allow (non-special) abortion after 24 weeks are China and Canada.

But, by all means, keep pushing that agenda.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
pricejj
jungle

The United States is only one of four countries in the entire world which allows abortions to be performed so late, and for any reason. You read that right. We are one of four out of 196 countries in this world.

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/08/04/u...or-any-reason/
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
37 of 50 U.S. States allow abortion after 24 weeks.

But, by all means, keep pushing that agenda.
How does this contradict anything I said? And what is my "agenda"?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:

Give an example of a valid medical indication for the intrauterine destruction of a viable fetus, instead of terminating pregnancy via induction or Caesarian section.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #17
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Give an example of a valid medical indication for the intrauterine destruction of a viable fetus, instead of terminating pregnancy via induction or Caesarian section.
It's always been a crazy idea to me that in cases where a viable baby needs to be removed from the mother for her health, killing it on the way out performs some sort of miraculous healing benefit.

Yes there's a risk in the delivery. But I doubt it's any more of a risk than a late termination already is.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
WTF is wrong with you??
Nothing at all. I was making an accurate appraisal of the state of modern mass migration.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
Nothing at all. I was making an accurate appraisal of the state of modern mass migration.
At first, I thought you made a good point. There are other places worse than Ireland. We could make a long list of countries and why we wouldn't want to move to them. Taking a closer look, Ireland isn't to blame for this death. They legalized abortions 20 years ago when the mother's life is threatened. This is just a case of a single hospital being negligent.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
At first, I thought you made a good point. There are other places worse than Ireland. We could make a long list of countries and why we wouldn't want to move to them. Taking a closer look, Ireland isn't to blame for this death. They legalized abortions 20 years ago when the mother's life is threatened. This is just a case of a single hospital being negligent.
The Supreme Court ruled 20 years ago, but no laws were enacted until this year, AFTER this woman's death.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I looked up on the results of the investigation of this case and I agree. I suspect this is another case of pet cause liberal media spinning this issue into both one of abortion, anti-Christian hysteria, and alleged racism. It doesn't surprise me, it's pretty standard fare anymore.

They found that the hospital mismanaged treatment for her sepsis. Sepsis has nothing to do with race or religion, but the usual group of angry frothing idiots will see the spin on this and use it as evidence for their already in place hostile view.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Of course you were, it's just a coincidence that this thread is about a professional couple working in Ireland.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Of course you were, it's just a coincidence that this thread is about a professional couple working in Ireland.
And? If I don't like Muslim views and the way they run their government and hospitals, guess what? I'm not going to move to a Muslim country.

However I tend to think this case wasn't so much about religion as it was good old fashioned medical malpractice.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #24
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

An inquest concluded that she did not die from lack of abortion. But listen to a distraught husband rather than expert medical doctors.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #25
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
An inquest concluded that she did not die from lack of abortion. But listen to a distraught husband rather than expert medical doctors.
Vaccination gave Jenny McCarthy's kid autism. Just ask her.