The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Why keep the Know, if we NO see?

Was wondering if someone could help me tap into what Elway was thinking? Moreno is counting about 2M towards the cap this season and I understand once a guy makes the week 1 roster his contract is guaranteed.

The question is, why did he make the roster? He's been around long enough for the coaches to get a sense of weather he can play or not! And if you're gonna keep him at least give him a shot. And no, 8 carries does not constitute a shot. Is he hurt? Is that why he's not dressing?

I find it frustrating that the RB depth on this team is so weak at this point. What's the plan, seriously, if Willis goes down or breaks down?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,113
Default

1 McGahee
2 Hillman
3 Ball
4 Slowshon

Theres the plan.
DEN is at the midway point.
So far, so good.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
1 McGahee
2 Hillman
3 Ball
4 Slowshon

Theres the plan.
DEN is at the midway point.
So far, so good.
I don't actually agree with this. I think it goes:

1. Mcgahee
2. Hillman
3. Moreno
4. Ball

Ball gets activated right now over Moreno though because we already have McGahee and Hillman to handle the running duties and Ball plays special teams.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
1 McGahee
2 DeAngelo Williams
3.Hillman
4 Ball
5 Slowshon

Theres the plan.
DEN is at the midway point.
So far, so good.
FIFY
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Was wondering if someone could help me tap into what Elway was thinking? Moreno is counting about 2M towards the cap this season and I understand once a guy makes the week 1 roster his contract is guaranteed.

The question is, why did he make the roster? He's been around long enough for the coaches to get a sense of weather he can play or not! And if you're gonna keep him at least give him a shot. And no, 8 carries does not constitute a shot. Is he hurt? Is that why he's not dressing?

I find it frustrating that the RB depth on this team is so weak at this point. What's the plan, seriously, if Willis goes down or breaks down?
Ummmm, you answered your own question. Moreno is literally still here just in case Willis goes down.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummmm, you answered your own question. Moreno is literally still here just in case Willis goes down.

The question was why keep him at 2M, then not play him? They should know by now if he can play. They should have brought in someone else and given him a shot. Then maybe we wouldnt be relying so heavily on a 21 yr old.

Last edited by fwf; 11-06-2012 at 11:13 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
The question was why keep him at 2M, then not play him? They should know by now if he can play. They should have brought someone else and given them a shot. Then maybe we wouldnt be relying so heavily on a 21 yr old.
Your question is wrong.

He's only making $855K this year. I have no idea where you're getting this $2 mil figure.

8/7/2009: Signed a five-year, $16.7 million contract. The deal contains $13.125 million guaranteed, including a second-year roster bonus of $3.775 million. Another $6.3 million is available through incentives. The Broncos can exercise an option year in 2014 by paying Moreno $5.08 million. 2012: $855,000, 2013: $1.7 million, 2014: Club Option, 2015: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...nowshon-moreno
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Your question is wrong.

He's only making $855K this year. I have no idea where you're getting this $2 mil figure.

8/7/2009: Signed a five-year, $16.7 million contract. The deal contains $13.125 million guaranteed, including a second-year roster bonus of $3.775 million. Another $6.3 million is available through incentives. The Broncos can exercise an option year in 2014 by paying Moreno $5.08 million. 2012: $855,000, 2013: $1.7 million, 2014: Club Option, 2015: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...nowshon-moreno
His actual cap figure is closer to 2M

Actually 2.6M
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/

Last edited by fwf; 11-06-2012 at 11:16 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
His actual cap figure is closer to 2M
Which would've been the same or more if we cut him in the preseason. Your entire premise is wrong.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
The question was why keep him at 2M, then not play him? They should know by now if he can play. They should have brought in someone else and given him a shot. Then maybe we wouldnt be relying so heavily on a 21 yr old.
You understand the difference between the "team" and the "active roster," yes?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Then maybe we wouldnt be relying so heavily on a 21 yr old.
If 5 rushes a game is too much for him, then he's probably in the wrong line of business.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If 5 rushes a game is too much for him, then he's probably in the wrong line of business.
You're right homie. There's no need to worry about our fumbling, 31 yr old back breaking down.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,789
Default

Good grief. Dumervil is a bigger cap hit, than Manning...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
You're right homie. There's no need to worry about our fumbling, 31 yr old back breaking down.
I said no such thing.

Nobody here was more on board with going after MJD, then Deangelo Williams, than me......for that very reason.

But we have who we have. And Moreno was dirt cheap. All his bonuses were paid and all we had to do was guaranty his league minimum salary this season. He's a decent enough emergency backup and can come in for 10+ carries if needed. There will be no serious "heavy leaning" on Hillman if there's an injury. He'd split carries like he is now, granted the number would go up. But it's not like they'd be giving him 30 carries a game. It's not necessary with this offense.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,410

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
The question was why keep him at 2M, then not play him? They should know by now if he can play. They should have brought in someone else and given him a shot. Then maybe we wouldnt be relying so heavily on a 21 yr old.
Sometimes you pay too much for a backup but get a steal on a starter. All that matters is it balances out. At this point, do you want him to play just because he is making $2 million? He isn't playing because he fumbled the last time he had the ball. He was on thin ice and that ****ed it up. If anyone goes down, he is playing or JJ comes through. Either way, we are doing just fine with him not getting hurt.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Stop starting threads troll.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

You could always just ask your source!!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,178

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
You could always just ask your source!!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
You could always just ask your source!!
seriously. **** this guy.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #20
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
You could always just ask your source!!
seriously. **** this guy.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,410

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
You could always just ask your source!!
! How did he not get banned for that trade thread is mind wondering. Mods like BS sources.

That dude's brother in law on the Chargers staff is more reliable.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #22
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

I wouldn't be surprised if Mcgahee goes down that the job would be split with Moreno and Hillman. I'm not sure they're as negative about Moreno as most people are on here. They just don't need him right now and will continue to let him get his knee healthy.. Obviously, he won't be here long term but I think they see him as a nice insurance policy this year.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,456

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Mcgahee goes down that the job would be split with Moreno and Hillman. I'm not sure they're as negative about Moreno as most people are on here. They just don't need him right now and will continue to let him get his knee healthy.. Obviously, he won't be here long term but I think they see him as a nice insurance policy this year.

This, exactly this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #24
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,415
Default

Knowsho doesn't play special teams....they may as well keep him around incase the injury bug hits.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #25
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,898
Default

I'm sure he's running w/the scout team, which could be invaluable to us down the line.

Say, for instance, we would face a team that's primary ball carrier had no vision and was prone to fumble at the slightest touch.

No other back in the league could give us a better look at that.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Denver Broncos