The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Saints and @Bengals

Quote:
Three phases, 60 minutes, preparation and execution along with every other NFL cliche… throw them out the window. Sunday Night Football hosting the New Orleans Saints was just a solid ass-kicking. Won’t waste much time going into themes, so here’s a few notable details to take away:

- Demaryius has a fantastic decleat block and has grown into being an extremely patient runner behind blockers (*best on the team at this)

- Von’s grown SIGNIFICANTLY vs the run. Saw some great “stack & shed” work all night long.

- We saw some great blocking by Virgil Green. Certainly wasn’t expecting that.

- Chris Harris is growing on the outside. It’s hard to apply inside skills outside at the professional level, but he’s doing it exceedingly well.

- Reference back to my first post: Tony Carter continues to play like Tramon Williams. What a gem.

- Saints played a lot of cover 2 against the most cerebral QB of all time. Therefore they deserved to get annihilated in the seams.

- RE: Our new punt returner, “I’d say Holliday is looking like a dream vacation!” Don’t roll your eyes… you know you smirked.

- And to supply at least one negative: We struggled with YAC in the first quarter on BOTH sides of the ball.
Rest at: http://patrickturley.org/saints-and-bengals/
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

did u buy the game film package on nfl.com and rewatch the tape to give this analysis
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Greatspirits's Avatar
 
"Little Von!"

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Park Hill
Posts: 775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default

A little nervous about this game, we all know about the Bronx history with early games out east. Just hoping Peyton's leadership and experience will be the difference.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

That decleation was a thing of beauty. Seems like DT is very good at blocking and works to excel in it. I have seen him lay out guys in key blocks a few times this season. I really like that in him.

He seems to be getting progressively better. I was critical of him but he is growing into one of my favorites.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
A little nervous about this game, we all know about the Bronx history with early games out east. Just hoping Peyton's leadership and experience will be the difference.
that plus a huge emotional game against NOL, big win leads to big heads just waiting to be taken down a notch..

CIN has a pretty damned good QB and wr combo that worries me a lot.. I do not know their OL but I'd guess they are better than most.. if this kid gets time to pick our DB's apart then it could be that classic trap game..

I wonder if Manning playing so poorly in the first halves of some of those early games have something to do with him used to be playing at 1100 on Sundays?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,671

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

It's nice to see players actually growing thanks to coaching....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
It's nice to see players actually growing thanks to coaching....
Excellent point.

Honestly, we're only used to seeing that consistently out of offensive players and the occasional LB/DB. We're seeing some pretty consistent growth all over the defense now.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Excellent point.

Honestly, we're only used to seeing that consistently out of offensive players and the occasional LB/DB. We're seeing some pretty consistent growth all over the defense now.
While people might not like the idea of DJ stepping on the field again, this coaching staff is the best possible one to take advantage of DJ Williams skills. The D will improve some when he is back.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
While people might not like the idea of DJ stepping on the field again, this coaching staff is the best possible one to take advantage of DJ Williams skills. The D will improve some when he is back.
YUP!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
While people might not like the idea of DJ stepping on the field again, this coaching staff is the best possible one to take advantage of DJ Williams skills. The D will improve some when he is back.
None of this is even remotely a given.

DJ has been in place to make plays throughout his career and has rarely capitalized. That's not coaching.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
None of this is even remotely a given.

DJ has been in place to make plays throughout his career and has rarely capitalized. That's not coaching.
None of it is coaching? When has he had the same coach for more then a season? When has he played the same LB in back to back years? We have a DC who specializes in LBs. He will find away to take advantage of what DJ can and can't do. JDR has already shown this with WW. DJ is a better pass rusher of so I expect him to take over the blitzing from WW. Like I said I know people don't believe it but DJ WILL be playing and our D will improve.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
None of this is even remotely a given.

DJ has been in place to make plays throughout his career and has rarely capitalized. That's not coaching.
why do these lovers not see this stuff is beyond me..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
It's nice to see players actually growing thanks to coaching....
This. which includes the coach on the field
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,848

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Nice work dude!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,089

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

I am not really worried about this game at all, the current Broncos roster is set up excellently against a team like the Bengals - their offense is not particularly explosive compared to the top of the league and they rely heavily on their number 1 reciever plus their run game is based entirely around grinding short and medium gains with almost no threat of long gains.

Right now we match up well against teams relying on the field position battle since our offense has shown consistent ability to move the ball 80 yards for a TD when required, with AJ Green as the prime target we will be able to match up Champ Bailey with safety help most of the day and allow our physical CBs to deal with the Bengals number 2 and 3 WRs. Gresham is a challenge at TE, but he lacks the athleticism of Gronkowski which should help and I think if we can be physical at the line we have hopes of covering him with a 2 deep look.

The bengals weakness on defense is definitely the safety position, which should help us go deep with Thomas and Decker but we may also be looking to get Green into the secondary to cause some damage, he is a big guy with a lot of speed.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am not really worried about this game at all, the current Broncos roster is set up excellently against a team like the Bengals - their offense is not particularly explosive compared to the top of the league and they rely heavily on their number 1 reciever plus their run game is based entirely around grinding short and medium gains with almost no threat of long gains.

Right now we match up well against teams relying on the field position battle since our offense has shown consistent ability to move the ball 80 yards for a TD when required, with AJ Green as the prime target we will be able to match up Champ Bailey with safety help most of the day and allow our physical CBs to deal with the Bengals number 2 and 3 WRs. Gresham is a challenge at TE, but he lacks the athleticism of Gronkowski which should help and I think if we can be physical at the line we have hopes of covering him with a 2 deep look.

The bengals weakness on defense is definitely the safety position, which should help us go deep with Thomas and Decker but we may also be looking to get Green into the secondary to cause some damage, he is a big guy with a lot of speed.
one can only hope it is this easy..

I fear a letdown from the past two games being emotional highs.. that is something we have been plagued with since mikey took the helm a long time ago.. .

Also read a stats somewhere that DEN is 2-18 in early games on eastcoast time..


Lets hope those issues can be disposed of starting with this game..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Question pat.

You think Harris and Carter can both be our eventual starting corners?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Question pat.

You think Harris and Carter can both be our eventual starting corners?
It's possible, but it's much more unlikely.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's possible, but it's much more unlikely.
I dont know if they will be for Denver but I think its almost a 100% gaurantee both end up being NFL starters for a long time.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I dont know if they will be for Denver but I think its almost a 100% gaurantee both end up being NFL starters for a long time.
They both look great, but it's important to temper what we've seen with some reality. We've only got a couple games of seeing Harris play on the outside and a couple games of Carter's entire career. Couple that with not knowing how they'd react without over-the-top coverage rolled toward them (and away from Bailey).

All that being said, they look great and if they can sustain this level of play (let alone continue to improve) they do have bright futures.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,089

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They both look great, but it's important to temper what we've seen with some reality. We've only got a couple games of seeing Harris play on the outside and a couple games of Carter's entire career. Couple that with not knowing how they'd react without over-the-top coverage rolled toward them (and away from Bailey).

All that being said, they look great and if they can sustain this level of play (let alone continue to improve) they do have bright futures.
Carter and Harris remind me a lot of the Seattle starting CBs, very physical guys who jam at the line and like to make and sustain contact.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

When you reinvent the wheel every season guys like DJ do not do well.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When you reinvent the wheel every season guys like DJ do not do well.
Its unbelievable to think that WW who has one career sack prior to this season is playing his best football under a former LB himself and yet people seem to think JDR can't get DJ to play to his strengths.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Its unbelievable to think that WW who has one career sack prior to this season is playing his best football under a former LB himself and yet people seem to think JDR can't get DJ to play to his strengths.
I'd like to think JDR can turn the light for DJ but I see he couldn't do the same for Mays, another dummy.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'd like to think JDR can turn the light for DJ but I see he couldn't do the same for Mays, another dummy.
Mays sucked though. He turned WW into this beast of a pass rusher who misses sacks or requires someone else to help bring the QB down with him. Imagine what he can do with DJ or you could be ridiculous and think WW is the only LB that JDR can scheme for.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Denver Broncos