The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 413
Default Least and Most Liked Players in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...rs-forbes-list

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanri...liked-players/

Lots of players with Broncos ties on this list:

Cutler, Quinn, Orton, Manning.

I'm sure you can guess who is on which list.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Nothing to write about? Just have poll commissioned. Why bother doing any real reporting when for a few bucks you can make the news up yourself.


How many people were surveyed? What was the breakdown among gender? How many described themselves as regular viewers of the NFL? Doesn't matter. Just come up with a few numbers and let the ad dollars flow in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,719
Default

I can't belive Palumalu won I can't stand that prick.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

how is Orton on there, and how is Cam not?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I can't belive Palumalu won I can't stand that prick.
must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

Bet you hated Manning while he was in INDY also..



I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

Bet you hated Manning while he was in INDY also..



I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..
He plays dirty.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
He plays dirty.
no more or less than Atwater did..

He plays with a passion..

Had he been on DEN team would you still feel that way?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
no more or less than Atwater did..

He plays with a passion..

Had he been on DEN team would you still feel that way?
No more or less than Atwater?!?! GTFO. Thats one of the more ridiculous things ive ever read here.

If you said DS49 that would make more sense...Polamalu has been dirty since the usc vs. Kansas State bowl game.

Atwater dirty..... lol
Ironlung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

Bet you hated Manning while he was in INDY also..



I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..
kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is
Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..
this year first game we got lucky.. without a good many of their starters, BTW same applied to the the playoff game..

this last one..

Final Score 19 Final Score 31
Time of Possession 35:05 Time of Possession 24:55
then go back to and look at AFFCG to start with..

They have clearly been the better team the past decade.. and lots of that has been because of Troy P.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..

I have to disagree with you here. To me, a fluke play was Orton bouncing a pass off Marshall to have it land in Stokely's hands who then runs it in for a long touchdown in the closing seconds of the Bengals opener in '09. Thomas beating his man on a simple post pattern and then getting loose because there was no safety help over the top as the Steelers were selling out to stop the run isn't a fluke. It was just a team getting burned for playing a high risk/ high reward defensive alignment.

Last edited by v2micca; 10-25-2012 at 06:20 AM..
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..
this year first game we got lucky.. without a good many of their starters, BTW same applied to the the playoff game..

this last one..
Why you try to get on nerves like go_broncos is beyond me. Maybe it is your obvious old age but calling Tebow's throw to DT a "fluke" play shows much retardness in your bones. Figure out a fluke play first before calling that play action (which all fans asked for since the 1st quarter) pass a fluke. Steelers thought we would run it on first down like we did so many times in a row. You want fluke? Try McCaffrey's catch for the game winning TD vs Minnesota around 1998. That thing bouncing off two defenders to land in his arms at the 1 yardline and fall into the endzone spells a fluke.

Nice hatred when you make **** up.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is
They are the team that kept us out of a third Superbowl under Shanny. The same year that one of the most banged up and frankly worst NFC representatives - the Seahawks (and a defensive back field mostly on IR) showed up from the other conference.

They probably prevented another Bronco Superbowl. The more recent games are not even close to as relevant to that one. Nothing could take away the sting of that game.

We must've dropped 6 Big Ben INTs.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
They are the team that kept us out of a third Superbowl under Shanny. The same year that one of the most banged up and frankly worst NFC representatives - the Seahawks (and a defensive back field mostly on IR) showed up from the other conference.

They probably prevented another Bronco Superbowl. The more recent games are not even close to as relevant to that one. Nothing could take away the sting of that game.

We must've dropped 6 Big Ben INTs.
I will always feel it was Jacksonville that robbed us out of a SB and would have been three in a row too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,859

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

Bet you hated Manning while he was in INDY also..



I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..
I'm just not seeing this alleged "ass-kicking over the years" from a team we've beaten 14-7-1. In the last decade (and/or since Polamalu was drafted in 2003), we've won 5 times and lost twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...tm2=pit&yr=all
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Can't say I'm surprised about Suh. He's the dirtiest player in the league.

He acts like a Raider.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I'm just not seeing this alleged "ass-kicking over the years" from a team we've beaten 14-7-1. In the last decade (and/or since Polamalu was drafted in 2003), we've won 5 times and lost twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...tm2=pit&yr=all
Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #18
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..
Next man up. Part of having a good team is having good depth. Injuries happen to every team. Its football and a win is a win no matter how much you discount it.


As for Polamalu, Ive never really seen him as a dirty player. That jui jitsu takle he did on DT was a little over the top for me but other than that, never really thought he was dirty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,859

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..
Then profootballreference.com needs to update their head-to-head page (http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm) 'cause that's where my numbers came from.

Wins are wins regardless of whether or not "you" discount them. Our playoff losses vs Indy still counted even though future HOF'er Champ Bailey was sidelined by injuries. It would have been nice to have him on the field instead of Roc Alexander but there are no "asterisks" in the record book; injuries are a part of the game and sometimes it comes down to the quality (or lack thereof) of a team's backups.

And I still maintain that 2-5 vs Denver in Polamalu's career does not constitute "kicking our ass over the years". Polamalu's a stud player and this is not a diss on him.... but the fact is his team has lost more games against us than they've won.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)
Now that's funny!!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #22
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)
The list was created by just asking Tebow for pronouncements.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #23
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)


I was thinking he would make one of the lists, too. I think at this time last year, he woulda. I think it's just an indicator that he is bright shiny object that attracts the attention of the public for a while. Than when he cant produce enough to even get on the field his stances, his declarations, and his college success become yesterday's news. As they say, he got his 15 minutes of fame.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #24
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I don't get how people dislike Leinart. I mean not that he's likable, but he seems irrelevant. There are twenty players I can think of who I dislike more than Matt Leinart.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't get how people dislike Leinart. I mean not that he's likable, but he seems irrelevant. There are twenty players I can think of who I dislike more than Matt Leinart.
The hot tub picture made a whole bunch of fans jealous.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Denver Broncos