The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Clady Beasting in Contract Year

I've been interested in the play of Ryan Clady lately. I saw this article on Pro Football Focus (everyone's favorite site to see how a player is doing).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

From what i've seen with my own eyes, Clady has being doing pretty good this year after an average year last season.

But according to this guy, ole Ryan Clady is the 2nd best Tackle (in terms of pass protection) so far this season (Orlando Franklin is #15).

Of all the expiring contracts coming this next off season, Ryan Clady should be our #1 priority. He's 26 years old and has been nothing but reliable for us. If we let him go, that means we will have a huge hole at LT next season.

Elway better resign him next summer. I see a huge payday for Clady in the near future. I hope its us that is signing his check.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,819
Default

I think they will tag him if they have to.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think they will tag him if they have to.
Exactly! Clady isn't going anywhere next season. Deal gets done or he gets tagged
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,555

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Denver is the only team with both tackles in the top 15. Boom.

Last edited by myMind; 10-18-2012 at 03:59 PM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

He is beasting with a real NFL QB. Most of us knew the OL would play 10 times better this year for a number of reasons.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Denver is the only team with both tackles in the top 15. Boom.
We just need some help in the interior of that oline and then our running game will be as good as our pass protection.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We just need some help in the interior of that oline and then our running game will be as good as our pass protection.
yep, if we can get a really good C we'll be set. Zane is playing pretty well so he can stay.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
yep, if we can get a really good C we'll be set. Zane is playing pretty well so he can stay.
With Kuper being great at pass protection, not as good in short yrdage, a road grading guard on the other side wouldn't be a bad idea. And I agree a center is probably a certainity in either FA or the draft, or both.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
With Kuper being great at pass protection, not as good in short yrdage, a road grading guard on the other side wouldn't be a bad idea. And I agree a center is probably a certainity in either FA or the draft, or both.
yeah i agree but we can get away with Zane as the other OG due to us mostly being a balanced or passing team(due to having to come back so often).
the slot and TE's can make up some of the difference and a great C would do a world of good in all facets of the OL and offense period.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
With Kuper being great at pass protection, not as good in short yrdage, a road grading guard on the other side wouldn't be a bad idea. And I agree a center is probably a certainity in either FA or the draft, or both.
isnt there a draftee named Blake who is a C?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Denver is the only team with both tackles in the top 15. Boom.
Manning Effect.
Bronco Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Denver is the only team with both tackles in the top 15. Boom.
Yeah but KC has 2 in the bottom 15.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Didn't see the other Clady thread. My bad.

All I saw today was a China thread and a Tebow thread.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Like I said in other thread. We should of paid the man when his stock was down. Manning was and now is making him a lot more money than his value was at the time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Like I said in other thread. We should of paid the man when his stock was down. Manning was and now is making him a lot more money than his value was at the time.
Team friendly contracts are a joke. Many who have tried such techniques with a big name player have had it backfire on them. Until the NFL gets some real teeth to force players to honor their contracts, there's no real advantage to doing an early deal where, for example in Clady's case, we never knew for sure if he'd return to top tier status.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
I've been interested in the play of Ryan Clady lately. I saw this article on Pro Football Focus (everyone's favorite site to see how a player is doing).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

From what i've seen with my own eyes, Clady has being doing pretty good this year after an average year last season.

But according to this guy, ole Ryan Clady is the 2nd best Tackle (in terms of pass protection) so far this season (Orlando Franklin is #15).

Of all the expiring contracts coming this next off season, Ryan Clady should be our #1 priority. He's 26 years old and has been nothing but reliable for us. If we let him go, that means we will have a huge hole at LT next season.

Elway better resign him next summer. I see a huge payday for Clady in the near future. I hope its us that is signing his check.
Tag him and draft a newbie..

hell he lead the league in holding call last year..

Sounds like someone just playing for a contract where has he been the past few years..

OLT is not the biggie spot that it used to be with quick reads and getting the ball out fast , not as big a deal as it was when QB's were dropping into 7 step drops..

Not that I have counted but I'd think that 50%+ of the snaps are shotgun..

I'm hoping that John we give him a fair contract of less than what he was offered last summer.. If he does not like it TAG him..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #17
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
hell he lead the league in holding call last year..
that's what happens when tebow runs around behind the line of scrimmage for eight seconds on every passing play
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
that's what happens when tebow runs around behind the line of scrimmage for eight seconds on every passing play
Yeah, I heard Tebow was dressing up as the headless chicken for Halloween.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
that's what happens when tebow runs around behind the line of scrimmage for eight seconds on every passing play
He had his share the year before.
Myself I think he still has knee issues and Manning is overshadowing that.

Face till manning came to town he had one great year his rookie year after that between his knee problem and DC getting a book one him. He has been slightly above average.

Certainly not a top tier OLT and like I said before there is a lot less pressure because of the pace of the game to pay huge bucks for a OLT like there was before.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #20
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Tag him and draft a newbie..

hell he lead the league in holding call last year..

Sounds like someone just playing for a contract where has he been the past few years..

OLT is not the biggie spot that it used to be with quick reads and getting the ball out fast , not as big a deal as it was when QB's were dropping into 7 step drops..

Not that I have counted but I'd think that 50%+ of the snaps are shotgun..

I'm hoping that John we give him a fair contract of less than what he was offered last summer.. If he does not like it TAG him..
Jesus, you're stupid. Smh.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

The little known Ma...
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #22
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Still hoping Blake will become the answer at Center. Kid just needs more work in pass protection, but won't get bull rushed like Walton does. IIRC, the team was all set to take DeCastro until the Steelers selected him one pick before us.

I'm taking that to mean they aren't satisfied with the G position either. In my fantasy world , I see them moving Franklin to LG and selecting D.J. Fluker, kid from Alabama, to play RT. That would give us 4 of 5 starting linemen that are experienced at both the run & pass and weighing 320 lbs or more.

LT- Clady 325 lbs
LG- Franklin 335 lbs
C- Blake 320 lbs
RG- Kuper 305 lbs
RT- Fluker 335 lbs
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Still hoping Blake will become the answer at Center. Kid just needs more work in pass protection, but won't get bull rushed like Walton does. IIRC, the team was all set to take DeCastro until the Steelers selected him one pick before us.

I'm taking that to mean they aren't satisfied with the G position either. In my fantasy world , I see them moving Franklin to LG and selecting D.J. Fluker, kid from Alabama, to play RT. That would give us 4 of 5 starting linemen that are experienced at both the run & pass and weighing 320 lbs or more.

LT- Clady 325 lbs
LG- Franklin 335 lbs
C- Blake 320 lbs
RG- Kuper 305 lbs
RT- Fluker 335 lbs
I think they will leave Franklin in the RT position. RT is traditionally the run blocker on the OL and that is his strength since he is a mauler in run blocking. The fact he has grown and is in the top 15 of OTs in pass protection in the NFL speaks to his growth. I agree with someone that said we should probably draft another Center (hopefully someone like a Pouncey). All that said, our OL is really young (Koppen excluded) and is more than likely, one of the best in the league--if not the best. If we draft OL, it will be for depth. I still think we go after a MLB and more DL depth in the draft.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Still hoping Blake will become the answer at Center. Kid just needs more work in pass protection, but won't get bull rushed like Walton does. IIRC, the team was all set to take DeCastro until the Steelers selected him one pick before us.

I'm taking that to mean they aren't satisfied with the G position either. In my fantasy world , I see them moving Franklin to LG and selecting D.J. Fluker, kid from Alabama, to play RT. That would give us 4 of 5 starting linemen that are experienced at both the run & pass and weighing 320 lbs or more.

LT- Clady 325 lbs
LG- Franklin 335 lbs
C- Blake 320 lbs
RG- Kuper 305 lbs
RT- Fluker 335 lbs
The team has been very happy with both Beadles and Walton both of which are being coached up.
They missed the off season under Fox in his first year and since TC last year have a real OL coach with the new conditioning and a year under fox they are/were in Walton's case making huge leaps over where they were.

What this fixation is to move Franklin to guard is beyond me. Beatles has proved himself to be a young stud there.
Both him and Walton can put weight on in muscle. Reinventing the OL is not something we have to do. Some quality backups for competition and replacing Clady for a less expensive model will keep this OL improving for the next decade.

What most kiddies still do not get is. You don't need 4-5 pro bowl players on the OL you need continuity more than anything else. They have to trust the guy next to them more than any other part of the team. They have no time to think about what the guy next to him is going do it has to be action not reaction. An automatic reaction because they have done it thousands of times not a few weeks worth.

The best OLs have very few if any changes in them year after year.

If you do what you want we are starting from scratch AGAIN. With all the learning curve our guys have been through the past few years.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
The team has been very happy with both Beadles and Walton both of which are being coached up.
They missed the off season under Fox in his first year and since TC last year have a real OL coach with the new conditioning and a year under fox they are/were in Walton's case making huge leaps over where they were.

What this fixation is to move Franklin to guard is beyond me. Beatles has proved himself to be a young stud there.
Both him and Walton can put weight on in muscle. Reinventing the OL is not something we have to do. Some quality backups for competition and replacing Clady for a less expensive model will keep this OL improving for the next decade.

What most kiddies still do not get is. You don't need 4-5 pro bowl players on the OL you need continuity more than anything else. They have to trust the guy next to them more than any other part of the team. They have no time to think about what the guy next to him is going do it has to be action not reaction. An automatic reaction because they have done it thousands of times not a few weeks worth.

The best OLs have very few if any changes in them year after year.

If you do what you want we are starting from scratch AGAIN. With all the learning curve our guys have been through the past few years.
Starting from scratch? 4 of the 5 are already with the team. What little improvement we've seen from Beadles and Walton still doesn't mask the fact they are the weak links in the OL. Only replacing those two.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Denver Broncos