The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default Dumervil a no-show for Broncos so far

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/08...s-this-season/

Is this another winey assed b**** ? I never really keyed into Devile 's play ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Hard to get sacks when your dropping into coverage on zone blitzes.

I will say Miller played coverage a lot also but he is a LB and that is what LB's are expected to do.

Miller had some freakish plays today, most guys would have given up down 31-7 but he seemed to turn it on after that and was a big key to us having a chance late.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Hard to get sacks when your dropping into coverage on zone blitzes.

I will say Miller played coverage a lot also but he is a LB and that is what LB's are expected to do.

Miller had some freakish plays today, most guys would have given up down 31-7 but he seemed to turn it on after that and was a big key to us having a chance late.

Are you talking Devile ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

WHAT?!?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

He was a major player yesterday.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Doom is having a rough start to the season. Has he drawn any holding calls yet? He usually gets 1 or 2 every other game.

At least hes not Mario Williams though.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

I did see one play were I thought Devile got totally engulfed and looked raged dalled but that happens from time to time..
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

Throughout the game yesterday, the Patriots simply let Nate Solder take on Dumervil in a one-on-one match-up. They didn’t keep a tight end to help. They didn’t cheat the running back over to provide a safety net. They just let the second-year offensive tackle go head to head with the Broncos’ two-time Pro Bowl defensive end. And Solder dominated.

14 Million Bucks.........
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
Throughout the game yesterday, the Patriots simply let Nate Solder take on Dumervil in a one-on-one match-up. They didnít keep a tight end to help. They didnít cheat the running back over to provide a safety net. They just let the second-year offensive tackle go head to head with the Broncosí two-time Pro Bowl defensive end. And Solder dominated.

14 Million Bucks.........
He would struggle though wouldn't he, getting about 1.5 seconds to beat your man wont give great results unless you're playing the Bears or Cardinals. Still had a sack afaik

Last year doom started slow anyways, he'll pick up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
He would struggle though wouldn't he, getting about 1.5 seconds to beat your man wont give great results unless you're playing the Bears or Cardinals. Still had a sack afaik

Last year doom started slow anyways, he'll pick up.
That's when you have to start making hustle plays. You're right, you aren't going to get to the QB when he is popping the ball out in 1-2 seconds. So how about some hustle plays in that scenario? Rather then getting frustrated, turn your motor on and make a play. Von Miller is making those types of plays through pure hustle. When I see that from Doom, I will lay off. There is more that he CAN do, just has to be willing.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
Throughout the game yesterday, the Patriots simply let Nate Solder take on Dumervil in a one-on-one match-up. They didnít keep a tight end to help. They didnít cheat the running back over to provide a safety net. They just let the second-year offensive tackle go head to head with the Broncosí two-time Pro Bowl defensive end. And Solder dominated.

14 Million Bucks.........
Hard to sack brady when hes getting the ball out to a wide open welker as soon as he snaps the ball.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
Throughout the game yesterday, the Patriots simply let Nate Solder take on Dumervil in a one-on-one match-up. They didnít keep a tight end to help. They didnít cheat the running back over to provide a safety net. They just let the second-year offensive tackle go head to head with the Broncosí two-time Pro Bowl defensive end. And Solder dominated.

14 Million Bucks.........
Idiot. Doom does not have super powers to where he can get to the QB in the matter of one second. Did you not watch the same game? Welker abused Harris all day. The ball was out with in a couple of seconds. When the DBs did a decent job the pass rush got there. Doom forced the Brady fumble.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Idiot. Doom does not have super powers to where he can get to the QB in the matter of one second. Did you not watch the same game? Welker abused Harris all day. The ball was out with in a couple of seconds. When the DBs did a decent job the pass rush got there. Doom forced the Brady fumble.
This. Harris looked where he was drafted.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
This. Harris looked where he was drafted.
that was scheme and why it looked better the second half.

Devile was let go durring the Raiders game and IMO why he has looked not dso great we been really tring to stop the run even at the cost of not getting to the QB as much . this is really mty best guess..
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
This. Harris looked where he was drafted.
he was until yesterday and then again Welker led the league in catches last year, rated the number 1 third CB..

Everyone would love to have him.. He learned a lot yesterday from a master..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Did you not watch the same game? Welker abused Harris all day. The ball was out with in a couple of seconds.
That's blame on Fox and Del Rio. Harris is not quick enough to cover Welker. In my opinion it should've been Porter on Welker all game. Porter is our quickest corner and is great on covering short routes. Carter should've taken Porter's spot on the outside to cover Branch. We could've won this game if Del Rio had Porter on Welker. But the coaching staff is too dumb to realize that.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
That's blame on Fox and Del Rio. Harris is not quick enough to cover Welker. In my opinion it should've been Porter on Welker all game. Porter is our quickest corner and is great on covering short routes. Carter should've taken Porter's spot on the outside to cover Branch. We could've won this game if Del Rio had Porter on Welker. But the coaching staff is too dumb to realize that.
Del Rio allowing free releases spelled trouble. The best thing to do with the patriots is mess up their timing routes, something that we did the 2nd half by dropping more people in coverage getting them in the passing lanes.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
Del Rio allowing free releases spelled trouble. The best thing to do with the patriots is mess up their timing routes, something that we did the 2nd half by dropping more people in coverage getting them in the passing lanes.
You mention some good points as well. Too bad they weren't ready for it the first half.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #20
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
That's blame on Fox and Del Rio. Harris is not quick enough to cover Welker. In my opinion it should've been Porter on Welker all game. Porter is our quickest corner and is great on covering short routes. Carter should've taken Porter's spot on the outside to cover Branch. We could've won this game if Del Rio had Porter on Welker. But the coaching staff is too dumb to realize that.
you might be on to something..

Why not send your resume to John and see if he wants tot talk to you about replacing them..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Doom is struggling... Think about other guys that are paid like him. Jared Allen, Demarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs. All of them make plays even when they're not getting sacks. Doom is feast or famine, if he gets the step on his man, he usually can get to the QB... But that is all you get from him. He doesn't chase down a RB from the backside, no hustle plays from Doom. No huge hits on a RB that cause fumbles. Just a one trick pony that is honestly a third down player... A specialist. I hope he takes a look in the mirror and decides to play with more passion and effort. Right now, he looks uninterested and like a player that lost his motivation when he got his $ pay day.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Doom is struggling... Think about other guys that are paid like him. Jared Allen, Demarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs. All of them make plays even when they're not getting sacks. Doom is feast or famine, if he gets the step on his man, he usually can get to the QB... But that is all you get from him. He doesn't chase down a RB from the backside, no hustle plays from Doom. No huge hits on a RB that cause fumbles. Just a one trick pony that is honestly a third down player... A specialist. I hope he takes a look in the mirror and decides to play with more passion and effort. Right now, he looks uninterested and like a player that lost his motivation when he got his $ pay day.
I wouldn't say he's uninterested, he's been getting some good pressure on QB's. He gets held galore, Solder had him in a half-nelson many times. But OT's seem to be getting away with that League-wide lately.

I can see the one trick pony aspect.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 10-08-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #23
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

He has, indeed, started slow, but he was key vs. the Raiders.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

we gave way to much cushion IMO the first half and is why things got better the 2nd half .

I would not know for sure with out looking at it again but that would be my best guess... Harris is not needed to be replaced that is for damn sure
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,576
Default

He is not an every down player period. We need more size. I wonder why the pats gashed us all day.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Denver Broncos