The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Six Games Into the Season

Who's at the top of your wish list for the Broncos in next year's draft? Right now, I'm going with Eric Reid, Safety, LSU. I'm just tired of watching this weak middle give up the big play week after week. The Broncos used to be the home of the killer safety (Lynch, Atwater, Smith...). Reid would bring that back again.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 10-15-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I really think Mcgahee is on his last legs I would like Marcus Lattimore.
I know he is having a great season so far but he doesnt have that extra gear he once had and Lattimore would bring that and then some.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

I thought Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o would everyone's first choice... seems like an obvious area of need/perfect fit to me.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Definitely Te'o.

Sure wouldn't mind Star the DT out of Utah.

I would absolutely loooove Rex Burkhead, Nebraska RB.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Elam for Florida. Wow. Safety, we neeeed him. I need him.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

After the last couple of games, I think I'm switching to Te'o.

MLB in the first round. Safety in the second.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 10-08-2012 at 05:31 AM..
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Bmore Manning

There are not many MLB prospects in this draft who would fit as a three down player, let alone start from day one aside from Te'o.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
There are not many MLB prospects in this draft who would fit as a three down player, let alone start from day one aside from Te'o.
I agree. Skov and Mauti aren't considerations for me, at least early on and have the big red flags on their medical. Good players though, but it is hard to bet against a Nittany Lions LB. Don't consider Johnson out of Bama as a guy that would end up being a great player either, merely average. In fact, I like Bostic and Klein more than him.

Who I do like: I like Kevin Reddick a lot because of his experience. Great size too whether he plays inside or outside, but is battle tested at MIKE and has incredible football intelligence. Reminds me a bit of Mason Foster from a few years ago. Will go higher than Mason. I was hoping to snag both Foster (2011 draft) and David (2012 draft) but the Bucs got those guys. Future is bright for them.

If I could bring any LB prospect to this team not named T'eo -- it'd be Jamie Collins.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I agree. Skov and Mauti aren't considerations for me, at least early on and have the big red flags on their medical. Good players though, but it is hard to bet against a Nittany Lions LB. Don't consider Johnson out of Bama as a guy that would end up being a great player either, merely average. In fact, I like Bostic and Klein more than him.

Who I do like: I like Kevin Reddick a lot because of his experience. Great size too whether he plays inside or outside, but is battle tested at MIKE and has incredible football intelligence. Reminds me a bit of Mason Foster from a few years ago. Will go higher than Mason. I was hoping to snag both Foster (2011 draft) and David (2012 draft) but the Bucs got those guys. Future is bright for them.

If I could bring any LB prospect to this team not named T'eo -- it'd be Jamie Collins.
Yeah we are on the same page, I too really dig Reddick. I just think it would take him a year to be NFL ready. Getting Nickel and special teams work. And that may be good enough and have to work. If Denver stays put, I would like to see a draft of..

1. Kawann Short
2. Kevin Reddick
3. Matt Elam

I really think Andrew Jackson could be special, but he may be better suited as a 3-4 LB. I like Kenny Tate from MD. He played OLB and S, he reminds me of Cam Chancelor from Seattle. A hybrid LB/S.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Why is this req? I have not seen much of him at all. I'd be interested in what he would bring. Just watched some highlights form the Houston game last year and he looked like a poor mans von miller a little bit. Again I don't know much at all about him!
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

why is it no one is interested in CJ Mosley out of Bama? He is a Will but he can cover. I think I have seen him mocked in the second. He would be an upgrade over wood and wood jr. I think I might loose it if we went T'eo in the first and Mosley in the second.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

MLB
DT
RB

Are my top 3 needs. Depends who's available at our pick. S would be 4th
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #13
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
MLB
DT
RB

Are my top 3 needs. Depends who's available at our pick. S would be 4th
I agree that these are our needs but we also need to be able to cover tight ends short across the middle. A three down LB who can cover would be really nice, and for that reason I like Mosley in the second. I really expect us to throw money at DT in the off season. so maybe we would be free to go Mike in the first and Will in the second?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickademus View Post
I agree that these are our needs but we also need to be able to cover tight ends short across the middle. A three down LB who can cover would be really nice, and for that reason I like Mosley in the second. I really expect us to throw money at DT in the off season. so maybe we would be free to go Mike in the first and Will in the second?

I agree

I must say though I'm not sure how EF feel about our LB'ers. They might like them better then we do.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Te'o is definitely number one.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I always prefer going after vet DT's rather than drafting them (unless you're talking about later rounds). The ratio of hit and miss in DTs seems to be weighed more toward miss than at any other position. The Broncos have been so weak up the middle for so long, at some point they just have to put a cover MLB and a Safety as top priority.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #17
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I always prefer going after vet DT's rather than drafting them (unless you're talking about later rounds). The ratio of hit and miss in DTs seems to be weighed more toward miss than at any other position. The Broncos have been so weak up the middle for so long, at some point they just have to put a cover MLB and a Safety as top priority.
I certainly think you and Nick are right about the impact of veteran DTs verse rookies. There are some really really good DT options in the draft, both NT and UT options. The interesting part is where does Wolfe fit next year? And with both the Kentucky LBs as Will options, I don't think they draft a WLB. Woodyard is the starter, Trevethan we hope is the long term option. That leaves MLB as the pressing need. Mosley is athletic and may prove to be a realistic late first round option. I like Te'o obviously, then Mosley and Reddick are intriguing options. Arthur Brown and Andrew Jackson are also intriguing prospects I am evaluating.

Safety also has to be addressed. There are some intriguing prospects there, but the front office may really like Carter at SS long term.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I want Austin and Shayne Skov. Homer pick is Rex Burkhead injuries should make him slip to the 4th. Margus Hunt DE from SMU is a guy that I'm loving right now. 6 foot 8 DE that is fast and raw. Problem is he will be a 28 year old rookie. He has huge boom or bust grades.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-09-2012 at 01:00 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I want Austin and Shayne Skov. Homer pick is Rex Burkhead injuries should make him slip to the 4th. Margus Hunt DE from SMU is a guy that I'm loving right now. 6 foot 8 DE that is fast and raw. Problem is he will be a 28 year old rookie. He has huge boom or bust grades.
The interesting thing is they are high on Hunter. And with Jackson and Ayers and even Wolfe able to play the strong side, I'm not sure how they view the need for a DE. Dooms deal gets more cap friendly.

What do you like about skov? He looks more like a 3-4 LB or SLB like Von in our scheme.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
The interesting thing is they are high on Hunter. And with Jackson and Ayers and even Wolfe able to play the strong side, I'm not sure how they view the need for a DE. Dooms deal gets more cap friendly.

What do you like about skov? He looks more like a 3-4 LB or SLB like Von in our scheme.
Skov has the size and speed you would want from a MLB imo. As for Hunt, dude is a monster. Would instantly impact special teams with his size. He has 7 blocked kicks in college. He also would cog passing lanes with his size. Could be a poor mans Watt. Wolfe I imagine will play more inside in his second season.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Where do you see Sharrif Floyd going Req? I seen as high as the first round and as low as to us in the second round I haven't watched him play just like what I read about him.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #22
g6matty

i also think we need to grab a WR with some upside in the middle of the draft
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
Bmore Manning

Anybody done any scouting lately have updates on who they like or new prospects to report?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think I'll revise my needs

MLB
DT
G

Drop off from Kuper is huge.

2nd tier

LB
S (Hate Adams) but, not sure how high a priority S will be for EF
RB
WR (Luxury pick but, as demanding as PFM is I think we need another better option in case top 3 go down that knows alittle what Manning wants

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 11-06-2012 at 02:35 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tavon Austin should be a target the further down we go in the draft. Think Percy Harvin type stud in the slot next to Decker and Thomas. Mosley is 1b for me. I think he can play MLB at the next level.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: