View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #68
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I never said I held out a lot of hope that Americans would stand up to tyranny but one can hope. There is NO chance without an armed citizenry.

Does this bother you?

Why The Heck Is DHS Buying More Than A Billion Bullets Plus Thousands Of Guns And Mine-Resistant Armored Vehicles?
35 comments, 3 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano . (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)

Is there something really serious brewing that Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano isn’t telling us? Like for example, is she concerned that those thousands of illegal immigrant prisoners her organization is releasing will join with others crossing our border to reclaim former Mexico territory…and accomplish this before the Democrats can manage to capture Texas for themselves in 2016 using Amnesty votes? Hey, if some of us may be getting just a bit paranoid, DHS certainly isn’t making it easy to resist that temptation.

First, we hear that DHS is in the process of stockpiling more than 1.6 billion rounds of hollow-point ammunition, along with 7,000 fully-automatic 5.56x45mm NATO “personal defense weapons” plus a huge stash of 30-round high-capacity magazines. Incidentally, those are also known as “assault weapons”, but are not the limited single-fire per trigger-pull semi-automatic types that we civilians are currently allowed to own. By some estimates, that’s enough firepower to fight the equivalent of a 24-year Iraq war.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...ored-vehicles/
We have an armed citizenry. We don't need an armed-to-the-teeth citizenry.

And no, it doesn't concern me in the least. Why? Because I don't live my live cowering in fear from my government, which is exactly what the gun nuts do. I focus on making each day a spectacular one for my kids and for myself and the people I come into contact with.

I also recognize the fact that if the government really wanted to come for your guns, they would have done so a long time ago. There are far more efficient ways to rule over your lives, like the corporatization of the government that has occurred over the past 30 years. Your guns are useless against a tyrant that doesn't fight in conventional ways.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote