Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #66
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
A very small number of people in power with power over a huge military.

Are our men and women of the US military somehow of a higher moral fiber than their German counterparts 70 years ago? No.

The reality is that the vast majority of the population saw increased gun rights, and when the weakest of their society was in peril, the gun owners were not out there fighting for their fellow countrymen, were they? Kind of throws the "benevolent gun owners protecting society from government" argument right on its head doesn't it?
I never said I held out a lot of hope that Americans would stand up to tyranny but one can hope. There is NO chance without an armed citizenry.

Does this bother you?

Why The Heck Is DHS Buying More Than A Billion Bullets Plus Thousands Of Guns And Mine-Resistant Armored Vehicles?
35 comments, 3 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano . (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)

Is there something really serious brewing that Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano isn’t telling us? Like for example, is she concerned that those thousands of illegal immigrant prisoners her organization is releasing will join with others crossing our border to reclaim former Mexico territory…and accomplish this before the Democrats can manage to capture Texas for themselves in 2016 using Amnesty votes? Hey, if some of us may be getting just a bit paranoid, DHS certainly isn’t making it easy to resist that temptation.

First, we hear that DHS is in the process of stockpiling more than 1.6 billion rounds of hollow-point ammunition, along with 7,000 fully-automatic 5.56x45mm NATO “personal defense weapons” plus a huge stash of 30-round high-capacity magazines. Incidentally, those are also known as “assault weapons”, but are not the limited single-fire per trigger-pull semi-automatic types that we civilians are currently allowed to own. By some estimates, that’s enough firepower to fight the equivalent of a 24-year Iraq war.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...ored-vehicles/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote