View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #3051
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Maybe they should've, would've been a helluva lot more interesting.
Interesting to whom?

Answer: Who fans who don't particularly care for Led Zeppelin.

IMO, smashing an instrument is low-rent and just plain disrespectful - that's someone's craft work and creation you're destroying.

Quote:
It's fairly easy to keep fans enthralled for three hours during a bad show when they're probably as zonked as Page was or more....hell, the Dead made a multi-decade career out of doing just that.
So fans of The Who were all tee-totalers?

If not, then I guess The Who needed more than just a 'zonked' audience to keep the fans enthralled on a bad night - they needed to bust up some guitars and drum kits to boot.

Quote:
It proves there's a sucker born every minute, if it proves anything at all....
So let me get this straight: Anyone who happened to enjoy a band or a film you dislike is a "sucker?"

Quote:
given the performance in that film and all that fantasy crap sprinkled amongst it, they should show it for free.
A lot of people (myself included) enjoyed the fantasy sequences - I get it that you were not one of them.

As quiet as it's kept, a lot of people also enjoyed Led Zeppelin's music in spite of a lot of really high-profile rock critics who said the same things (throughout most of the 70s) you are saying here.

Which brings me back to my opinion of music critics....
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote