View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #1105
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

#16 Northern Illinois (10-0 overall and 6-0 MAC) take on my Toledo Rockets (7-3 overall and 5-1 MAC) tonight in the Glass Bowl at 8 PM Eastern Time on ESPN 2.

Should be a good game if anyone is looking for their Wednesday football fix.

Northern Illinois has won 23 straight conference games....it's time for the Rockets to end that streak.

I'm hoping RB David Fluellen is back for Toledo after missing a few games due to injuries, but if not, freshman RB Kareem Hunt has filled in nicely, with 4 straight games of 100+ yards rushing. Hunt has had 595 yards rushing in those 4 games (6.8 yards per carry), as well as 6 rushing TDs.

On defense, the Rockets have seen redshirt freshman NT Treyvon Hester dominate the last several games, tying up multiple blockers and freeing up the linebackers to make plays. I look for the 6'3 and 290 pound redshirt freshman to be a solid pro prospect when he's done playing college ball.

Overall some pro prospects/interesting players to watch for the Rockets are: C Zac Kerin, RB David Fluellen and RB Kareem Hunt (only a freshman), WR/KR/PR Bernard Reedy, WR Alonzo Russell (sophomore), the previously mentioned redshirt freshman NT Treyvon Hester, DE Jayrone Elliott, and Will LB Junior Sylvestre.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote