View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #2386
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
That's a bit different though. New York has had multiple teams since the beginning of the MLB, no?

If Green Bay had the population/infrastructure, do you guys think a second football team would be a good idea there?

From my experiences in Toronto, its hard for me to imagine another team successfully competing with the Leafs over a long period of time. Maybe you guys are right though.

EDIT: It would warm my heart to watch an expansion team in Toronto win the cup before the Leafs. Okay I changed my mind! I'm all for this.
A second NHL team in Toronto could easily survive. The Leafs are by no means sacred in Toronto, it would be very different to try to put a second team in Montreal. I don't see why they haven't already stuck a team in Mississauga or Etobicoke. The fans are there, the Leafs have been **** for so long that it wouldn't take much to win over the younger fan base and a lot of the high income earners are out of towners who would most likely love having an alternative to the Leafs and their ridiculous prices.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote