View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:20 AM   #164
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

With 164th pick in the 2014 NFL Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers proudly select Taylor Hart DE Oregon

I am very happy to snag Hart as I believe he is a Justin Smith clone TBH. Though he may not look the part, Hart just gets it done with relentless pursuit. This is a target I did not want to miss and I may have reached a little bit for him, but I had to have him for his scheme fit.

Possesses a stout frame and long arms, well-suited to handling the tough duties along the line of scrimmage.
Much better athlete than he looks. Surprisingly quick off the snap, uncoiling to knock would-be blockers onto their heels and showing good power for the bull-rush to collapse the pocket. Good lateral agility and balance to "play the keys" down the line of scrimmage.

Excellent recognition of screens and draws, using his height and awareness to quickly diagnose the play. Strong hands and long arms help him quickly break free from blocks and get into position to make the play near the line of scrimmage. Good strength to rip away the ball while making the tackle. Versatile.

Has lined up as a defensive tackle, nose guard and even as a standup outside linebacker, on occasion. Durable. Played in 53 games over his career, starting every game over the past three seasons.

Ideal measureables for a 5-technique in a base 3-4 front. Estimated top-end speed is average. Ideal measureables for a 5-technique in a base 3-4 front. Estimated top-end speed is average. Durability does not appear to be an issue at this point. He has suffered no significant injuries that we are currently aware of and has appeared in all 40 careers games with 26 starts through three seasons. Well respected and liked by coaches and teammates. Mentally tough and can take hard coaching. Excellent work ethic and gives extra effort. Above-average student. No off the field issues.

Pick was made at 7:20am central time zone

Last edited by phibacka31; 04-08-2014 at 08:57 PM..
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote