View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
the american public is tired of this war. the rightards are going to disagree with him regardless.bin laden is dead. bring them home.
I agree most Americans are tired of this war but your "rightard" comment is off base.
from above:

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman said the approach in Afghanistan should be focused on counterterrorism, "which requires significantly fewer boots on the ground than the president discussed tonight.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...124436499.html

"It is not often that the top Republican on Capitol Hill, House Speaker John Boehner, and Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi agree on anything. But both gave cautious endorSeimiants of the presidentís timetable for winding down the war in Afghanistan.

Speaker Boehner stressed that he does not want to see progress in Afghanistan jeopardized, but added the following.

ďAs I understand it, the top brass at the Pentagon are comfortable with the presidentís strategy," said Boehner. "And I have said since the president took office that if the president listened to his commanders and his diplomats in the region, that I would support his plan. I am generally supportive of the plan, because there is enough flexibility in the withdrawal to take into consideration conditions on the ground [in Afghanistan]."
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote