Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1179
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I've mentioned it before, but I am not really in love with Lena Headey's Cersei. I think she plays her too quiet, hunched over and reserved. I don't read her that way and don't see her that way. This is someone who is desperate for attention and affection. I see her stronger vocally and physically - not actually larger, but stronger body language. I also don't see why they couldn't find a real blonde. Headey is ok, but her performances aren't very powerful. The closest I've liked is when she threatens Littlefinger and when she's speaking to Sansa during the siege of King's Landing. I wish she was like that all the time.
I definitely disagree with this and think that the natural progression will prove you wrong. Cersei wasn't as strong a character in the early going as she was after gaining more confidence later on - except in the instances you mention, when she was drunk during the siege. It really wasn't until she felt threatened by Margaery and the Tyrell family that she started to really spread her wings and flex her power openly.

With this last episode, we start to see the seed of her thoughts about her place in her family, and I think with each episode, we'll see that seed grow and get stronger, and she'll become a very powerful presence in the show.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote