View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #122
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kapri Bibbs

Subtract the inevitable yardage Vick was going to get no matter what on the ground (41 yards) and add in the fact that McCoy was held to 4.5 ypc instead of his customary 6.9 and you're left with the best rushing team in the league compiling an inaequate running game that logged about 120 yard on the ground from the running backs...not nearly enough in a game like this. Put another way...this offense ran up something like 430 yards last week in spite of 4 turnovers. They didn't turn it over at all in this game, but imagine what the score would have been if they had? I'm sticking to my assessment, that his defense is nasty. It's fast, deep, loaded with playmakers and deep at every position. And we don't even have Champ or Miller in there yet. Denver needed to contain an explosive offense built on speed and keep them from big plays, which for the most part is what they did. Keep in mind...these guys haven't even played together for any length of time yet. Ihenacho is brand new, and so is DRC and Knighton. WWIII is brand new to the MLB spot, Danny Trevathan is a new starter, and Nate Irving is just starting to even approach his potential...this is a guy who almost died just a couple years ago and he's lucky to even be alive let alone playing in the NFL. When this bunch gets some familiarity with each other and grows in Del Rio's system, we're gong to have a monster defense here...wait and see. This is already probably a top 5 group on the back 7 in terms of speed and they are young. I just hope Del Rio doesn't leave for an HC job next year.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote