Old 04-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #169
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Wait....are people thinking Montgomery is going to start over Ramirez at OC? That's not going to happen, the team is thrilled with Ramirez. Montgomery is 100% top notch OC depth and he likely pushes Steve Vallos out the door, if he's even still on the team. Montgomery could compete to start at LG I suppose, but I think he's just quality depth we hope never has to play this season.

Barring Xavier Su'a-Filo actually falling to our #31 overall selection, I don't see a scenario where we take an interior lineman at any point before the 5th round. We have huge secondary concerns along with WR and ILB.

I fully expect our line to be LT Clady, LG Franklin, OC Ramirez, RG Vasquez, and RT Clark. I expect Montgomery to be the primary backup at OC and OG, Justice to backup at RT (Clark would obviously switch to LT if needed), and Painter to backup at OT/OG. Painter has to make the team or someone will sign him, no PS. That's 8. Teams will dress between 7 - 10 O-linemen with the preference on the lower number, but that depends on positional versatility of your guys, the Broncos are massively versatile. We have room to take an OT or OG later in the draft and have them on the 53 but not dress as we develop them. 5th round seems like a good spot for this.
It's not a lock he starts, sure but its not crazy to think he won't given the other questionable options on the line.

Manny should stay at C imo where he flourished, but if the team likes Montgomery there or LG, then so be it.

Looking at PFF numbers, Montgomery is basically a cheaper version of Beadles.

Elway has said they'll go "BPA", whoever that is remains to be seen. Could certainly see them go OL depending whose there at 31.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote