Old 03-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #887
alkemical
Chaos Technician

Aethyr Engineering

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Stars are mad at the Preds for not celebrating Mike Modano's 503rd goal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2804125

Stars president Jim Lites couldn't believe the lack of acknowledgement by the Nashville Predators when Dallas forward Mike Modano tied and then broke the record for goals scored by an American-born player Saturday, according to a published report.

"Their owner, management, public relations people, coaching staff -- I think they all failed the game," Lites told the Dallas Morning News. "It's because of people like Mike Modano that they even have a team in Nashville. He has helped pioneer the game in the South, and for him to be treated like that in a milestone moment ... it's just a horrible thing."

Lites' disdain for the Nashville organization wasn't just limited to the events surrounding Modano's record.

"I understand it's a competitive situation, but we're also working together to sell the game," Lites told the paper. "They get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

Modano's two goals Saturday gave him 503 for his career, breaking Joe Mullen's record. Modano's accomplishment was never mentioned over the PA system at Nashville Arena.

------------------

Hmmmm, maybe the Predators are still a little sore from when Modano said that Nashville should be contracted?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/cba...ntraction.html

At the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, Dallas Stars forward Mike Modano said he thought that Nashville and Carolina should be contracted.

Yet you expect the organization that Modano doesn't even think deserves to exist to honor him? Take some of the money that you can no longer overspend on the likes of Bill Guerin & Scott Young and buy a ****ing clue.

Yeah but NSH and FLA are so deep in $$$ problems - that relocation or contraction maybe the only viable solution.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote