View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #854
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
Solid rebuttal. What part of my post do you disagree with, specifically?

Palmer had surgery for that injury in Jan of 2006. He started all 16 games in 2006 and passed the 4,000 yard mark for the first time in his career, finishing the season with a franchise record 4,035 passing yards and 28 touchdowns, only 13 interceptions and 93.9 rating. He also made the Pro Bowl for the second year in a row, becoming the first Bengals quarterback to do this since Boomer Esiason in 1988 and 1989. Palmer was named Most Outstanding Player at the Pro Bowl, leading the AFC down the field in the final two minutes for the win. He completed 8 of 17 passes for 190 yards and 2 touchdowns, one to his Bengals teammate Chad Johnson.

Rodney Harrison was back in the starting lineup for the Pats only 10 months after his surgery. He was 100%, but had his season cut short by an unrelated shoulder injury about halfway through the year.

Brown pretty much threw up career best numbers last season, less than 12 months after his surgery.

Back in the day, perhaps it took two full seasons to bounce back from that surgery. I suppose that belief had to come from somewhere. Maybe it still does for some. I just can't name them......(and it certainly wasn't the case for the guys listed above)
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote