To the aforementioned list of names I would add:

Freddy King
Albert King
Albert Collins
Johnny Copeland
Fenton Robinson
Muddy Waters
John Lee Hooker
While I absolutely have no problem with anyone of these guys at all...I was giving QT a list of what I felt was raw blues based upon Elmore James (kinda wild bottleneck playing, SBWII aside)....but you can't go wrong with any of these guys either. Magic Sam's West Side Soul I would include with LABF's list.

For jazz, have you checked out the Bill Evans Trio? Waltz For Debby is one of my faves of all time and it's great chill out music.....saved me from going over the edge in a traffic jam around DC a couple of years back.

I love Adderley as well.....you listed Something Else I believe.....a great release but you need to get the immortal Mercy, Mercy, Mercy perhaps my fave jazz CD of all time. Everyone's heard Ramsey Lewis's The "In" Crowd before...if you like that, then you'll love the album by the same name.

If you're interested in Fusion, LABF is your Man and no doubt he can take you much deeper in these areas....but the Mahvishnu Orchestra's The Inner Mounting Flame & Birds Of Fire are great places to start to see if you're interested in such things......hearing John McLaughlin for the first time will make you forget about all other guitarists for a brief moment.

Last edited by Hogan11; 01-28-2006 at 09:41 AM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote