Old 01-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #1373
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger
I love the Blues. Elmore James, Blind Willie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Howlin Wolf, Taj Mahal, Little Walter, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Bo Diddly, Johnny Lee Hooker, and Mississippi John Hurt. (Some of Harmonica but mostly guitar)

I got a tip from the Orange Mane about Buddy Guy and I have not been disappointed. I have to start remembering names better to say thanks proper.
Very good list of blues you have there.....if I may, I have a couple of recommendations for you that you can check out or not as you please.

I really like my blues as raw as unpolished as I can get it....that's just my personal preference mind you...I like lush arrangements and big backing bands as much as anyone, so I'm not saying it's bad or anything, just I tend to perfer minimalist backing when it comes to blues. So, I'd recommend the following to you off the cuff:

Hound Dog Taylor : either Hound Dog Taylor And The Houserockers or Natural Boogie...the live Beware Of The Dog is great as well, but I'd start with the first two before getting to that...just in case.
JB Hutto And The Hawks: Hawk Squat
R.L. Burnside: Too Bad Jim
Junior Kimbrough: All Night Long
Sonny Boy Williamson II: His Best

Based on the artists you listed above, you should have no problem at all with what I listed. I know Slap is deeply schooled in the blues, I'd go with anything he suggests as well.

Hope that helps.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote