View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 PM   #39
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama
Maybe loser was a little harsh...his team is an even .500 over his career (excluding this season - where he's a surprising 20-20). 353-353 to be exact. He's one game away from being a loser. My bad. He must be an extremely valuable player in comparison to others in the league when you think about it. He's kept that team mired in mediocrity for a long time. That's hard to do. Especially this season when you have young studs Iguodala, Dalembert, Korver and the smart vet Webber to play with. That team is not short on talent, it's short on shots because Iverson wont give it up to help develop his young guys into winners.

Nowitzki on the other hand is 334-208 for a .623 win % and is working on a 31-10 season right now. Iverson takes more shots and gets more whistles from the refs though, so you're right. He's a winner.
By that logic, AI still kills your boy because he's taken his team to the Finals. He's at least given them a shot to win it all, which is more than we can say for Dirk.

AI is the man, and it's not his fault that early in his career with Philly they've had bad teams, been saddled with long contracts with old players, etc. They have never really had a great team. The team that went to the Finals wasn't even that great.

I'm not taking anything away from Dirk, I think he's a great player. But he's had way more around him then AI has. They've always been more talented and better coached then Philly. To say that AI is bad because his team's record is bad is ludicrous.

But hey, I forgot, this is angry's world, where Dirk gets no props from the media, is the real MVP, etc. Yeah, and AI sucks. So do Kirilenko, Paul Pierce, Jason Richardson, and a lot of guys who have been on bad teams.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote