Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #32
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibronco
Alright, I have a few questions with this method, Alec, if you don't mind answering them. I decided this was very well the best, efficient, and quick method of all of them, so I gave it a try.

I took Jen's Champ Bailey picture (original), duplicated the layer (background), selected the copy, used ctrl+alt+x for extract with the highlighter, filled it in, and pressed OK. But your red "extraneous" background on the Bell confused me.

1) How'd yours turn red?
I added a "Stroke" to it. To do that, highlight your layer in the layer window and go to the bottom of the window. There is a little icon on the far right that is a "f" on a black button. Click it. These are your layer styles and allow you to do different things to particular layers. Click on stroke (default color is red, and 3 pixels)
Quote:
2) Should I duplicate/copy that layer to a new sheet and clean off the background?
To help, make a new empty layer ((Menu: Layer-->New Layer)) and fill it with a black background. Then move your extracted layer above that new background filled layer on your layer window. This will help you see what parts need to be removed.
Quote:
Thanks man. This really helps. I can do family photos now in no time.
Dont forget to either hide or delete the temporary background layer.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote