Old 11-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #289
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
I dont think either of them have clearly seperated themselves from the other. AO has more goals and is certainly a better pure scorer but as you said Crosby is a better playmaker, has superior vision and has more total points. Even his goal scoring has really begun to take off. He had 2 in the first 14 games or so, the last 7, 8 games he has scored 7 goals. Right now, its basically a draw, very small advantage in my admittedly homer opinion to Crosby since he is younger and has a few more points. Still more or less a wash though. AO is an excellent player and will probably score 60 goals this season. If it keeps up this way, I dont think anyone can complain either way it turns out. I wouldnt complain if AO wins it if it ends up being a relative wash like it is now, He is also deserving, but I think Crosby is a little better. He was amazing last night. If Christensen and Palffy sealed the deal on a couple of those pretty passes, Crosby would have had 5 points. As it was he had 3 against a great team. This will be a great competition all year long.
Well i see ryan malone came out strong after being scratched. I really like that kid. IMO - i think he has 'hero' written all over him. Last 'year' when the pens played, he had a TON of big game goals. He's also a native PITT guy as well.

I think Ovechkin is more electryfying to watch in terms of his goal scoring. I'd put him up there with Illya Kovolchuk in terms of pure goal scoring ability. And i mean that in terms that i think Ovechkin is where Kovolchuk is at now.

I love crosby, and having seen what ovechkin can do, makes me full of anticipation for Malkin!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote