View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #157
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
So tell me MT.... If Foppa is (or was) your favorite player, How could you possibly go out of your way to cheer against the team he is on?

The only thing I could compare it to is John Elway. If Elway left the Broncos, I would still be a die hard Bronco fan, but, I would be cheering for the team that Elway went to on the side. It's not like Foppa went to a division or even conference rival. He went to a team that the Av's play ONE time a year.
As long as I've known you, you never had a hatred for the Flyers until this season.
How could you love Foppa for all these years and then pull a 180 and dispise him in the span of a couple months?

This is the only way I can explain it. Hypothetically here, if I had a boyfriend and he decided to dump me, I would hate him forever for it. That's just me. That's how I feel about the Forsberg thing. It's the whole feeling of betrayal. It all boils down to being hurt over it and that's how I deal with it. Plus I want his only rings to be with the Avs.

I can honestly say I have never really liked the Flyers. Seems like I am always fighting with their fans, and not just you fans on here. I generally judge a team by their fans as I'm sure a lot of us do. I've not come across too awfully many Flyers fans that are cool to chat with. Seems they always have a big chip on their shoulders. ( I'm not saying this about anyone in particular on this board, so no whining. )

So there's my best explanation for the thing. It's just me.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote