View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 12:31 AM   #61
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Dude, I hear ya. I just can't take what I'm watching. I feel by the quality of your hockey posts, that you know the history of the game. I know you have to know about the broad street bullies. That's the Hockey I love. I know we'll never see that style again but this is horsechit what I'm watching on the ice. It's like making the NFL a touch football league. I don't like it at all.
I only hope that the league, players and refs come to some happy medium. Simply put, this style of Hockey BLOWS!
I know what you're saying and it's being discussed nationally as well. That while people like the scoring chances and goals being up, they're worried that physical play and big hits are being phased out. They seem to be getting the players used to the no hooking/holding/obstruction rules and then I think we'll see them find some common ground as far as the hitting goes.

But I do agree with you 100% that the physical style of the league can't be compromised. The clutch & grab has been taken care of and I love that, but hitting is a part of the game (as is fighting) and it can't be lost in the shuffle.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote