Old 10-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #42
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

The Entire Montreal Defense Corps
Games: 9
Goals: 1
Assists: 10

Patrice Brisebois
Games: 9
Goals: 5
Assists: 2

Living well is the best revenge.
Well I can't say that Habs fans don't have a right to be pissed at him, especially after he said he got injured and then left on a charter to Paris instead of doing his rehab with the team. After the honeymoon is over, you'll start seeing the dark side of Breeze-by soon enough.

Quote:
A few defensive mistakes were the original cause of the fans being down on Brisebois. But after that, the pack mentality set in, and minds were made up. No matter what he did, he was wrong.

But the anti-Brisebois frenzy reached hysteria level late last season, when he was medically unfit to play and went to France on vacation.

"A lot of people in hockey don't know the real story," Brisebois said.

ARRHYTHMIA

And what is the real story?

"The story is that I had arrhythmia (an irregular heart beat)," he said. "It was the first time in my life that something like that had happened. I was very scared."

It turned out the malady was a direct result of the treatment Brisebois had been receiving in Montreal.

"When I met with the doctor, he said that my brain was doing something to tell me to stop worrying. The stress was too much to handle.

"He said, 'You need 10 days off. Don't think about hockey. Get away from it. If you want to go away, Go away.' So that's why I went away.

"They (the medical staff) gave me permission, but they didn't say anything to (then GM) Andre Savard. So I looked bad. Andre looked stupid. It was a miscommunication and who looked bad again? Me."
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031018/col_strachan-sun.html
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote