Old 06-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #979
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
My recollections of her vids are just the opposite. In the first Scandal video ("Goodbye to You") she was jumping up and down and smiling exuberantly like she was having the time of her life. As for the video for "The Warrior," Patty is on record saying she hated it, (that is, she thought the costumes/make-up/hairstyle foisted on her by the record label were lame) so maybe that's what comes across.

In any event, all that matters to this listener at the end of the day is what she does behind the mic.
I remember "Goodbye To You" a bit differently then.....granted I haven't seen it in years, but as I remember it, yeah she was jumping around alot but she was playing up to the attitude of the kiss off lyrics pretty effectively....I agree with the rest of this section of your post.

No one is questioning her vocal ability or her looks, just her presentation then....as I said before, I haven't heard her in years and I really didn't care for Scandal at all.

Quote:
It's really hard to say with any certainty. I guess we'll never know for sure now. My hunch is that the majority of the fans would have still bought the album and still gone to the shows (since Eddie was the main attraction anyway.) I remember all the die-hard EVH loyalists with the "Dave who?" signs in the arenas after Roth split. Eddie could apparently do no wrong in these fans' eyes.
Maybe you're right but I seem to recall a lot of irritation with VH fans over the Roth split and EVH's ever increasing fascination with playing keyboards over his guitar.....I just think the placement of Smyth as lead vocalist would've been much harder for the average metalhead to accept than Hager........maybe I'm wrong in that but still I can't think of any precedent with that radical of a frontperson change to compare it to off the top of my head.....I would've like to have seen the reaction to that anyways...too bad it didn't happen.

I wonder whatever happened to Pal Shazar?

Last edited by Hogan11; 06-22-2005 at 09:52 AM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote