Old 06-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #972
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno
That's cool...although albumn to albumn they can be a bit spotty, the retrospective is two discs of absolutely amazing song craft. I'll be surprised if you don't like it.

Another albumn I'd highly recommend is the Kaiser Cheifs debut Employment. If you like Franz Ferdinand dance-rock type stuff, you'll probably like them.

How's the new Teenage Fanclub, by the way? Always been a fan and was thinking about picking it up.
I initally really liked the Franz Ferdinand CD, but it hasn't worn well on me since...for me, a little of that dance stuff can go a very long way.

Man-Made is a solid enough release from the Fannies....a little underwhelming like Grand Prix was to me at first, but I'm sure once it sticks, it'll be very difficult to shake....I'm already having a hard time turning it off. I like it a lot more than I do Howdy!, but really...this band has done nothing that I haven't liked overall.....I just wish they'd put out material more than once every 4 years or so.

Criminally overlooked, consistantly good and easily one of the best bands to emerge from the UK in the 90's....if there was any justice in this world at all, Teenage Fanclub would be hailed as one of the all time greats with all the accolades a band like U2 gets these days.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote