Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
initially i messed up and wrote all my comments on your actual post. my bad. But here are the comments, i thought that was real good.
1. San Francisco -- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
They are squirming to move down but i think they wont find takers and will in fact take Rodgers. i agree
2. Miami -- Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn. I know I had them take Cedric Benson in the OM mock draft, but I've done some rethinking. Brown seems more like Saban's kind of back.
Ok, i could see that. I also think Miami wants to move down to stockpile picks but no one is going to move up in this draft.
3. Cleveland - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas. Crennel is a defense guy....
4. Chicago -- Mike Williams, WR, USC
I agree. Even though they got muhammad he is 32, i still have Williams coming off the board here.
5. Tampa Bay - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
I think if TB goes RB here its Cadillac all the way. He and Gruden were caught jerking each other off at the Senior Bowl several times. And Gruden has a decent looking wife so he didnt need to be doing that. That shows alot of interest. I dont think he would go to that extent just for smokescreening.
6. Tennessee - Antrell Rolle, CB, Miami
agreed. Its either that or Braylon Edwards since Mason is gone. But Fisher is a defensive guy.
7. Minnesota -- Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan. -- Their FA defensive signings make it possible to draft a replacement for Moss. Other OMers have suggested they will go RB in this spot. I just don't see it.
If he is still there, Minnesota would be idiots not to jump all over him (in a non waffle way ofcourse).
8. Arizona - Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn. The need at RB was much greater than the need at QB. And looking at their QBs, that's just sad.
I heard they like Ronnie Brown and Rolle. But if this is how the draft went down, the next logical thing is to go for cadillac since both are gone. I agree.
9. Washington -- Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn. Edges out Pacman because of size.
I agree they will go corner, so far you have done a very good job of pegging players with team needs. Although i think Jones is a better prospect than Rogers and i think they would turn back to the 80s and play a game of Pac Man here.
10. Detroit -- Shawne Merriman OLB-DE, Maryland. Wilkinson, Rogers, Hall, and Merriman looks like a very solid front four. The run on DL starts here.
Good reasoning i agree with you. They are stocked up on offense at the skill positions, they go DL here and i see merriman or james.
11. Dallas - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconson
i agree. Possibly pollack also.
12. San Diego (from N.Y. Giants) - Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
No Way. This is a big reach. If i were to guess id say they go Spears here. He is an ideal 3-4 DE because he is bigger than usual for a DE. They want a 3-4 OLB and Merriman would be great for them there but the next highest rated ones are blackstock and ware and they wont reach...even though they are the Chargers. Spears all the way
13. Houston - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
i am not that familiar with the Texans, although id like to become alot more familiar with Melody Carr.
14. Carolina -- Alex Barron, OL, Florida State
yeah i could see that. Barron and Gross would be two great bookends on the oline for the next 10 years
15. Kansas City -- Adam "Pac Man" Jones, W Virginia The Chiefs can't believ he fell to them.
i agree. If Pac Man is still there, Chief Fans would have a day long erection this time without the aid of a goat.
16. New Orleans -- Thomas Davis, S, Georgia. LB or S? N.O. needs both.
No Way. Saints need DTs and most especially OLBs. No need for Davis to convert when they can get an already experienced OLB like Burnett/Blackstock. Although since the DTs are all still there id say they will gamble on a decent 3rd tier OLB still being there at 40 and go with Travis Johnson here to replace Johnathon Bust Sullivan
17. Cincinnati -- Travis Johnson, DT, Florida State
if he is there yeah
18. Minnesota - David Pollack, DE, Georgia
Mock would be ecstatic if he could snag Edwards and Pollack. Damn this is a super bowl team.
19. St. Louis - Jamal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
They like Khalif Barnes better than Brown.
20. Dallas (from Buffalo) - Alex Smith, QB, Utah. Dallas can't believe he's still there.
i dont think jones will let parcells blow another pick on a QB because he likes henson and wants Bill to get him on the field. Dallas has many needs.
21. Jacksonville -- Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
I could see that easily. Agreed
22. Baltimore - Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
23. Seattle -- Channing Crowder, LB, Florida
24. Green Bay -- Brodney Pool, S, Oklahoma
big time reach. No way. i say they go Charlie Frye here.
25. Denver -- Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame. The Broncs need more help at DE that DT.
This is a reach, although not surprising since it is a Broncos Odd Numbered year draft. We are kinda in a bad position because all the first tier DEs are gone. I still would rather go with shaun cody here.
26. N.Y. Jets -- Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
No way in hell. This is heath miller all the way, they are happy to have him here.
27. Atlanta -- Jamal Brown, OL, Oklahoma
maybe i dont know much about that team
28. San Diego -- Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
29. Indianapolis -- Shaun Cody, DT, USC
30. Pittsburgh -- Darryl Blackstock, LB, Virginia
agreed, perfect 34 OLB[/COLOR]
31. Philadelphia -- Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin
Corey Simon clone. This is a damn good pick. My favorite DT
32. New England -- Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan. If he broke his leg NE would not take him. But he should recover from a broken wrist quickly. Even with the injury he's still the best corner on the board.
not bad. although i think they would prefer to go LB if crowder is still there but he isnt.
All righty, that 's all I have. Fire away!
This was a very good mock draft JCM. Rep.
Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-20-2005 at 11:59 PM..