Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
JCMElway's 1st round mock
I just gave my .02 to someone else's draft, so I'm gonna step up and take everyone else's criticism. Here we go.
1. San Francisco -- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
2. Miami -- Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn. I know I had them take Cedric Benson in the OM mock draft, but I've done some rethinking. Brown seems more like Saban's kind of back.
3. Cleveland - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas. Crennel is a defense guy....
4. Chicago -- Mike Williams, WR, USC
5. Tampa Bay - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
6. Tennessee - Antrell Rolle, CB, Miami
7. Minnesota -- Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan. -- Their FA defensive signings make it possible to draft a replacement for Moss. Other OMers have suggested they will go RB in this spot. I just don't see it.
8. Arizona - Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn. The need at RB was much greater than the need at QB. And looking at their QBs, that's just sad.
9. Washington -- Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn. Edges out Pacman because of size.
10. Detroit -- Shawne Merriman OLB-DE, Maryland. Wilkinson, Rogers, Hall, and Merriman looks like a very solid front four. The run on DL starts here.
11. Dallas - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconson
12. San Diego (from N.Y. Giants) - Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
13. Houston - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
14. Carolina -- Alex Barron, OL, Florida State
15. Kansas City -- Adam "Pac Man" Jones, W Virginia The Chiefs can't believ he fell to them.
16. New Orleans -- Thomas Davis, S, Georgia. LB or S? N.O. needs both.
17. Cincinnati -- Travis Johnson, DT, Florida State
18. Minnesota - David Pollack, DE, Georgia
19. St. Louis - Jamal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
20. Dallas (from Buffalo) - Alex Smith, QB, Utah. Dallas can't believe he's still there.
21. Jacksonville -- Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
22. Baltimore - Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
23. Seattle -- Channing Crowder, LB, Florida
24. Green Bay -- Brodney Pool, S, Oklahoma
25. Denver -- Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame. The Broncs need more help at DE that DT.
26. N.Y. Jets -- Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
27. Atlanta -- Jamal Brown, OL, Oklahoma
28. San Diego -- Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
29. Indianapolis -- Shaun Cody, DT, USC
30. Pittsburgh -- Darryl Blackstock, LB, Virginia
31. Philadelphia -- Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin
32. New England -- Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan. If he broke his leg NE would not take him. But he should recover from a broken wrist quickly. Even with the injury he's still the best corner on the board.
I know, I know, Alex Smith at 20? I think that Cleveland takes a defensive player first. If that does happen, Smith may fall. I could see the Redskins, Dallas (at 11), or the Chiefs snapping him up, but I think all of those teams have bigger concerns than drafting a franchise QB.
All righty, that 's all I have. Fire away!
Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-20-2005 at 11:53 PM..