03-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Hall is a scrub but i think Ross is a good back. I think your class next year with Holmes and Hawk will be really good. I was surprised to see AJ Hawk turn in extremely fast times, i thought the knock on him was that he was slow but he ran great.
Originally Posted by DenFan38
My personal thoughts on the OSU class thisd year
- Mike Nugent will make some team very happy. I believe the Jets wouldn't have minded having him for the playoffs this year, K's are valueble and Nugent will be a very good one(better than that Kaeding ****er that went to Iowa.)
Admit it, your just trying to goad Mock with that one.
- Simon Fraser I like a lot, reminds me of a Tim Anderson. That 4.9 isn't too impressive, might see him go to strict DT in the pros, he went back and fourth from DE to DT in college.
I have never heard of Simon Fraser but i loved Tim Anderson i wish we picked him.
- Dustin Fox...yuck. He makes a lot of tackles, because the WR he is covering usually is the one that makes the catch. He has trouble with bump coverage, so OSU played a D that gave him a good 7-10 yard cushion on his receiver, then teams would jsut run the slant route to hell on us and Fox just had no way of defending it. Maybe he would succeed in a cover 2 defense or as a nickelback, don't see much more from him.
i thought you liked Dustin Fox?
- I like Branden Joe a lot, the guy can lay some wood and run the ball. A versatile fullback is always a help, and he's played there his entire college career so he won;t be some FB project like we've ahd to do with Anderson and Droughns. Tough player who can take a hand-off as well, I wouldnt midn this pick on day 2.
- The RB's Maurice Hall and Lydell Ross: Ross just won't have the speed for the NFL, he barely got away with it in college. Career back-up, maybe big enough to be a project FB, but future isn't too bright for him. Hall is a different story, it's health issues. He's an effective little back, but has had some knee injuries that never gave him the chance to shine. He played 2nd fiddle to Maurice Clarett, Lydell Ross, and Antonio Pittman during his stay at OSU, never being able to take the starting spot away in either of his 3 years.