View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #23
orange 4 life
Old School Orange

Home team qb homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77
I don't have all the contract info form the SB years but I could have sworn you had guys like Elway restructuring his contract in order to pay some talent in order to help him win a bowl. My point is instead of guys like Terrell we've had guys like Portis walking into the coaches office asking to be paid more than any other RB in the league. It's tough to get to the SB with moves like that.

I agree with you that going to the Colts two years in a row is a tough task for any team but had the regular season played out differently with a win or two either year the playoffs could have been different but the bottom line is we still are no match for the Patriots. This team is and was not 1 or 2 players away from a Superbowl winning team.

I'm not saying we can't make the superbowl but we need some serious change.
bull**** meck.

love ya like a brother, but bull****.

the pats lucked into a win against us a couple years ago with danny kanell at the helm.
in the last two years, we've been blown out by a whopping TWO teams.
the colts (twice) and the chiefs (last years road debacle).
we lost a game at jville because of a fluke fumble.
we lost at home to oakland because the friggin stars werent aligned properly.
the defense blew an 11 point lead, watts dropped a td pass, elam had a kick blocked, and we all still have nightmares about that catch in our endzone that gave them the lead in the first place.
we lost to san diego because we came out flat, called a bad play at the goaline (or executed it poorly. take your pick), and another watts drop.

the team was a few PLAYS away from winning the division and playing at home.

indy is to us as new england is to indy.
its a bad matchup.
we wouldve competed against anyone else out there, and that includes new england.

if the team had had TWO players more last year, it MAY have been enough.
the loss of both pryce AND ellis was crippling, and we wouldve been a much different pass rushing team with those two in there.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote