View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #60
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStore
i'm not talking about any long stretch of accomplishments or trying to compare manning's career to elway's. infact, i'm not even a Peyton Manning fan. it just annoys me to see him get irrationally bashed on this board because some of you guys are bitter about him for whatever reason.

all i meant with that comment is that given the way NE's defense was able to outplay the rest of the colts' offense, NO QUARTERBACK, not even one as good as elway would have looked good. manning wasn't the one failing to tackle dillon, or the one fumbling caught balls, or killing drives with dropped passes. no qb can overcome that, not manning, not elway, not montana, and not even jim kelly =P
You find what you are looking for. You want to be annoyed. I don't think there is one person on this board "bitter" about Peyton Manning. If you had been around longer than a few weeks you would know there has been ongoing debate about Peyton's abilities for about three seasons.

Could some of the problems you mention Indy having been mitigated by some leadership and determination? QB's can overcome and influence the play of the rest of the team.

One of my long held observations about Peyton is he is a perfectionist. And as long as the gameplan moves along in perfect fashion he is automatic. He doesn't respond well to adversity. I think Vanderjagt was right when he commented on no emotion coming from the QB. But what does he know? He's just an idiot liquored up kicker.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote