View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:32 AM   #457
Raider Bill

SCORE at the little used CD store I go to. ..

In the CD changer now.

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind. A damn fine album that got lost in the Appetite for Destruction hoopla. Monkey Business friggin rocks and it has stellar cowbell throughout. Bruce Dickinson would surely approve.

Van Halen - Fair Warning (Remaster) I already own this on vinyl, cassette, and cd. The remastering is subtle, but provides some much needed botom end to the sonic landscape on those early VH albums. Michael Anthony's bass was barely audible and the mixes were very heavy in mids and treble. Probably my favorite VH album if I had to pick just one. Unchained, Hear About it Later, Mean Street, classics.

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You). While I'm partial to Bon Scott AC/DC, this is a pretty solid effort by the later lineup. It was hard for them to top Back in Black, but this is a solid album in it's own right. I especially dig the title track with the cannons and whatnot.

ZZ Top - Tres Hombres.. None of that Eliminator era synth pop crap, just pure Texas Blues/Rock by three guys who know their Barbecue sauce.

Cinderella - Live at the Key Club. A band that I thought was unfairly lumped in with the Sunset Strip metal scene. These guys have more in common with Aerosmith than Poison. Some people cant stand Tom Keiffer's falsetto, but I dig it.

Megadeth - So Far So Good So What? The Brains behind Metallica along with Cliff. I always felt Megadeth was the superior band but seemed to get shortchanged by critics. I always liked Mustaines delivery, lyrics, and riffs better.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote