View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #406
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Iraq is heading into civil war and if there ever was a time to start talks about a Kurdish State, it's now. Again, the USA has to be pro-active in a long lasting peace. Iran is going to embroil Iraq into civil war, that is what Iran wants. The Kurds may be the USA's only real ally in that area. Again, it's complicated but I think the key is Turkey. Turkey has been a long standing ally of the USA and this turmoil in Syria and now Iraq is another opportunity to bring the US and Turkey closer together. It sucks, it's a catastrophy waiting to happen if the USA doesn't take a stance somewhere in this turmoil and that could by with supporting an Independent Kurdish State or bring all parties together to negotiate a long lasting peace (Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran and the Kurds).

You will never convince me that the USA does NOT have the power to lead in these unstable times. I know we can do it, we just have to be smart and negotiate in good faith, knowing full well that not everyone at the negotiating table will do the same.
Unfortunately our leaders are liars who never negotiate in good faith. The bankers have their own agenda -- and they run America. Their goal is to loot the whole world. Hence US foreign policy is about "opening up" new resources and markets -- for us to control.

Give the bankers a loophole -- a foot in the door -- and they will enter and rape the place.

Until/unless we Americans take our country back from the financial elite we will remain as a people the perverse feedstock for anything and everything malignant.

Sad to say -- but all too true./ MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote