Old 06-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #108
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wooderson View Post
I have a new favorite game. Just finished playing Through the Ages. I've played it a few times over the years, but really got into an epic game last night. The first time I played like 6 years ago. I developed fast food restaurants right after my civilization got wiped out. Needless to say, it didn't pay off to have fast food chains for one guy. Last night, the weakest civilization led by William Shakespeare was committing terrorist acts. It was great! Except that he destroyed my movie theater! Anyway, the simple game lasts 2 hours. It just goes through Antiquity and Middles Ages. The advanced game last about 4 hours and goes through the Age of Exploration. The full game lasts 6 to 10 hours and goes through the Modern Ages. You don't have to play it in one sitting. Sure there's a winner, but it's cool to look at everybody's civilizations at the end of the game. A close 2nd is almost as good. Your people were happy, your military was strong, your technology was advance, your resource production was up, and so on. You did good. Talk about the cool things that happened like the time when you assassinated Christopher Columbus before he could discover new territory. Or that one time when you sabotaged the Eiffel Tower before they could get it built. Lead a powerful air force with Napoleon! So many possibilities, combinations, and replayability.
Yeah a lot of board games fans seem to enjoy through the ages.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote