View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

And here's why he has ZERO CASE for Reparations:

1) First, it was practiced by individuals–not the government–yet the government is supposed to tax us to pay for it. Of course, there is no legitimate moral or legal theory that requires today’s whites to pay for something a few whites last did 150 years ago.

2) Only one household in five in the Confederacy owned slaves. Even if it were possible to track down current descendants, there is no legal theory under which they should pay anything either. My grandfather may have murdered your grandfather, but you have no claim on me. You can go shout at my grandfather’s gravestone if you like, but I owe you nothing

3) African blacks practiced slavery for centuries before Americans did, and it was Africans who sold slaves to whites. There is hardly a single known case of whites capturing and enslaving a black. If Ta-Nehisi Coates wants to blame someone for slavery, he can start with Africans

4) Finally, if Mr. Coates wants to figure the cost of slavery—and of the 150 years of agony since then—he should take a look at Africa. Blacks call themselves “African Americans,” but precious few want the squalor, violence, corruption, and disease of the mother continent. They are much better off right where they are–“racism” and all–and AAs know it
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote