Thread: Maleficent 5/30
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #71
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was listening to a baseball analyst on ESPN radio talking about how people say the game so much more pure back in the day and they miss those times. Then he pointed out that just because YOU were more naive and pure back then, doesn't mean the things you enjoyed were. That's how I feel about nostalgia. It was never as good as you remember it. And right now you're missing something positive in your life because you're reminiscing about how "back in the day" it was so much better. But it's ok, because in a couple of decades you'll be whining about how 2014 was the bomb and people just don't appreciate how good things used be.

Yeah, doesn't always work that way. After all, there is the whole "The 90's sucked" meme that is fairly prevalent, with a lot of cultural touchstones from that era now looked upon with disdain. Nostalgia is often colorblind, but it is rarely completely blind. Trust me, I'm not missing anything. I saw both Trek Films in the theaters because I love Trek and wanted to love more Trek. They were both bad, the second being a near bottomless vortex of suck. Not because they diverged from what came before, but simply because they were bad.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote