Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #192
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So I had my MRI done yesterday and I got an email this morning. Doctor saw enough from the MRI that he'd still like to talk to me, but nothing to worry about I guess. We ran additional labs on my bloodwork to completely rule out hemachromatosis because there are cases where Ferritin levels are not elevated by iron saturation and other indicators of the disease manifest. They all came back within range so I don't have that.

The big news is he gave me the go-ahead to start testosterone treatment. I'll be on 200mg bi-weekly. I was daunted by the size of the needle. Even after seeing several how-to vids on you tube, it's pretty large

They didn't give me a draw needle, either. That sucks because the stuff has the consistency of warmed Crisco. But maybe I'll appreciate the 22 over the 23 when I'm pushing the sludge into my thigh. I'm going to do shoot myself on Saturday morning's so I'll be able to move around throughout the day to keep my leg from swelling too badly. I'm considering doing a blog about the before and long-term after affects just to track and see what kind of difference (if any) it makes. I'll keep you guys posted.
Back in the mid to early 90's they came out with Immetrex for Migraines and the only way you could take it was with a needle. they had an elaborate injection system that hurt like ****. You had to put the cartridge into a box that had a plastic button on the top that only worked some times. So if you had a bad enough migraine to take this stuff you had to go through all these motions just to load the device then when you had the courage to hit the button it rarely went off and you had to play with the cartridge and get your courage back up again because it hurt like hell when it did go off and pound that needle into your leg.

I finally learned how to break the cartridge open and figured out how to just push it in by myself, much easier to pinch some thigh skin and slowly push it rather than go through the Russian Roulette of the spring pounding the needle in and pushing all the meds in at once.

Took a good year or 2 until they came out with oral doses.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote