View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #34
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't know about what groceries you should buy. But I can give you some advice about what to listen to, while you're buying them.

Come on! Do you want to tell me that this isn't one of the greatest classic rock songs of all time? This band is in the rock n' roll hall of fame. And this song (choking up a little here) - This Song! - well, I don't have the words. Many might consider this song to be their own personal anthem - the song that defines their own lives. And while I feel more partial to one of the many great songs in the Air Supply portfolio, I would have a hard time arguing with this choice.

I picture myself walking down the grocery aisle, through fog, and the people that have been influential in my life start a slow clap. And when that clap ascends into a crescendo, this very song starts what turns out to be the highlight reel of my life.

When the Broncos win their next Super Bowl, I like to think that this will be the song they'll be playing between the final gun, and the awarding of the Lombardi Trophy. But that's just me. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

Anyway, enough with the poetry. Just turn up the volume, and let the next four minutes and fifty-six seconds transport you to another place.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote