View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #129
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I can't speak for other people, but as you age your testosterone starts to fall off. There are side-effects to this. In my case, mine is below a healthy level for *any* male and super low for someone my age. This been accompanied with symptoms. This doesn't mean every person on steroid therapy needs it. It doesn't mean there aren't crooked doctors or things get mis-prescribed. I will say that people are changing their thinking about aging. Stuff we just "accepted" as aging years ago we are finding ways to treat. It used to be "old people's teeth fall out." Well now they don't have to if you get proper dental care. "Old people's bones break." Well they don't have to if you get the right help. "Old people lose muscle mass and are less active." There are clinical things that happen to the body as it ages, but if they aren't all good, why can't they be treated? I mean you don't have to be a teenager, but it probably wouldn't hurt to try and keep your bone and muscle mass up and have more energy to get around.

That's what I think it's about. I would never go to a specialized clinic for anything other than a massage, personally. But if an old guy doesn't like feeling weak and losing muscle mass and we can safely treat it, why shouldn't we?
I get where youre coming from. I guess this entire low t thing being the new craze worries me because I question if it is in fact safe.

Safety Announcement by FDA

[01-31-2014] The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating the risk of stroke, heart attack, and death in men taking FDA-approved testosterone products. We have been monitoring this risk and decided to reassess this safety issue based on the recent publication of two separate studies that each suggested an increased risk of cardiovascular events among groups of men prescribed testosterone therapy. We are providing this alert while we continue to evaluate the information from these studies and other available data, and will communicate our final conclusions and recommendations when the evaluation is complete.

The FDA always rushes out approvals of products. I dont think we know as much about low t drugs as you think we do.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is online now   Reply With Quote