Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #128
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
And he told you to take some prescription shots. Cant say I surprised. I dont get this whole low t thing. What constitutes low levels and why? I know you think Im being a dick about this whole thing, Im not. Im just skeptical and trying to understand it.
I can't speak for other people, but as you age your testosterone starts to fall off. There are side-effects to this. In my case, mine is below a healthy level for *any* male and super low for someone my age. This been accompanied with symptoms. This doesn't mean every person on steroid therapy needs it. It doesn't mean there aren't crooked doctors or things get mis-prescribed. I will say that people are changing their thinking about aging. Stuff we just "accepted" as aging years ago we are finding ways to treat. It used to be "old people's teeth fall out." Well now they don't have to if you get proper dental care. "Old people's bones break." Well they don't have to if you get the right help. "Old people lose muscle mass and are less active." There are clinical things that happen to the body as it ages, but if they aren't all good, why can't they be treated? I mean you don't have to be a teenager, but it probably wouldn't hurt to try and keep your bone and muscle mass up and have more energy to get around.

That's what I think it's about. I would never go to a specialized clinic for anything other than a massage, personally. But if an old guy doesn't like feeling weak and losing muscle mass and we can safely treat it, why shouldn't we?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote