04-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Not Too Shabby Poster
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
T J Ward
Originally Posted by Kaylore
I love pet peeve lists.
Pet Peeves on the Mane
- People who wait for all the lanes to be clear of cars before making a right turn into traffic - even if they don't need to get to the far left lane. I want to kill these people.
- Female drivers at stop lights. It's like they can't just wait for the green light. They all stop paying attention and immediately begin looking for something to do - check phone, hair, makeup, look through purse, glove compartment, pick teeth. They can't handle waiting for the green, so when the light changes and we're all waiting for them to get their noses out of their purses and we're honking at them to go, they have the audacity to act like the person asking them to pay attention to operating a piece of equipment that can kill someone and not be an ass by making everyone wait for you while you finish that oh-so-critical text to your girlfriend before you realize the light changed three seconds ago is the jerk.
- People who drive just at or below the speed limit and then when you try to pass them they speed up. These people are possesed by Satan.
- People who type "of" when they mean "have." Example: "I would of told him to stop, but I'm borderline illiterate."
- People who confuse the words core and corps. Exp: Our wide receiving core is great!
- People who dismiss an opinion because it is contrary to someone who works in the field of expertise. "I'll take the opinion of the paid football coach over some internet fan boy when it comes to Richard Quinn."
- People who feel the need to hijack or put down any conversation about any kind of courage in a self-righteous crusade to tell the world "the real heroes are the soldiers fighting for our country." This is really common on the internet in general and incredibly annoying and worthless. It's like only soldiers in the military get to be brave about anything and these self-anointed solider-police feel the need to troll the internets and remind everyone that they aren't soldiers.
- TV snobs who brow beat everyone into saying The Wire is the greatest TV show ever.
- People who disbelieve anything from Fox News, even when the exact same story is on all the other news networks.
- The never-ending number of internet lists that require tedious slide-shows you have to click through.
- Fortune cookies that don't have fortunes in them.
- People who scream and throw their weights at the gym.
People who won't pass another car who is doing 10-15 below the limit and no one is coming the other way.